Monday 15 November 2021

A walk over The Humber Bridge - part 2

I was chatting to a chap yesterday while we were in the middle of the bridge watching the boat struggle through the sandbank. He told me that for a long time, a walk over the bridge was on his bucket list. He had come from Nottingham on a day out to tick this one off. I pointed a few landmarks out to him and gave him a bit of background on the Cement Works. He was happy with that. We parted company as he was on his way back to his car on the South Bank. 
Half way across the bridge are four artworks, painted by local children. They got the whole school to take part in this project, to celebrate 40 years since it was built. These four winners have been blown up really big. The rest of the entries are displayed on four boards at the Hull end of the Bridge. These are fantastic. Here is the story behind the competition. 



I found a bench on the North Bank and had my cheese sandwich and coffee. This was a welcome change from my usual bottle of flavoured water. I made a video from that spot, which I shall put on tomorrow. 
This boat was on it's way upstream to one of the docks. The tide was fully in now so there is no problem with sandbanks. 
I was hoping for a spectacular sunset but there was too much low cloud. The Autumn colours in the Country Park are nice though, as viewed from above. 
This short video is the view from the bridge just after leaving the Barton end. 

There are a few more pictures of the bridge lit up, it was dark when I got back to the South Bank. 
We'll catch up tomorrow. Toodle pip.  ilona

2 comments:

  1. I've never been across the Humber Bridge so thank you for sharing your experience of it. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the video.I didnt realise that the Humber Bridge was in such a beautiful area.xx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.