Sunday 7 November 2021

Stitching on Sunday

I finished this small picture today. I saw a technique where you sandwich small bits and pieces between two layers and stitch around the outline. I used small washers and plastic rings. The stalks are cotton buds with the cotton removed. 
The backing is a thick stiffened hessian which was in originally in the frame. It was pretty hard to stitch through. 
Can't remember where I got the frame, car boot fair probably. I've had it a long time. 

You can see the raised washers in the close up picture. 

I like circle shapes where you can keep adding more stitching to make them bigger. A bit like mandalas. 

French knots, back stitch, and chain stitch. 
I think I might make some more of these. Maybe in different colours. 
It's been very windy again today. I put some washing on the line and had to go out several times to untangle it. A lovely stew tonight for dinner. Vegetables with a packet of macaroni cheese added. 
Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. ilona 

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Ilona. I love the cheerful colours & texture. Your very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed. That looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! You are so creative and you really have a way with colours. The picture is really uplifting in these gres days.
    Hilde in Germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another good idea, and one which will inspire me in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely IIona so much talent, it is lovely to see the close up pictures your stitching is very neat. I would be happy to see it on my wall.
    Hazel 🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty and such neat free-hand stitching 👍🌈

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love your Sunday's Stitching, Ilona.
    The colourful and very neat stitching, which will surely not fall apart easily, though stitched on a Sunday :>)
    It brightens up every day.
    Cheers,

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful & love the close-up pictures!
    Pat, from the Great State of Texas! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your comments. I am chuffed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's really impressive. And we admire the skills that have clearly gone into it.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.