Sunday 21 November 2021

Down on the farm.

It was freezing cold today. I didn't realise just how cold until I stepped outside the door. The sun was shining, and was calling me to go out. I didn't fancy going too far because of the shorter days, so I went to the park. It was lovely and warm in the tropical plant greenhouse.  

Percy the peacock snoozing on a soft cushion of Autumn leaves. 

His wife Matilda foraging for a few grubs. I haven't noticed a white peacock before. 

I found an open gate and went to have a nosy round the back of a shed. This little engine is cute. I bet that's fun to drive. 
The carriages were next to it. It's a shame that they are out in the open. It would be better if they are under cover for the winter. 

I hadn't noticed a Farmyard Crazy Golf pitch before. The animals are lovely. I want some for my garden. 


I'm sure this pig is smiling. 


I was strolling around, and as I was passing the big house someone I knew came out of the back door. A friend I used to see regularly at the 20 21 Arts Centre in town. She told me she left there a while back, and now works at the park. It was great to catch up with her. I was pleased that she speaks the same language as me. Put a smile on my face, for sure. 

I didn't hang around after that. I had some photo's and I was flippin freezing, so I went the shortest quickest route home. 

We'll catch up soon. Toodle Pip.   ilona

3 comments:

  1. Hey Iona,
    I recon you’d be able to make your own animals like these! Mould up a basic shape from chicken wire then paper machete over to sculpt their bodies, then paint, then cover in PVA glue to seal and waterproof! I’ve seen your excellent crafting skills I’m sure you could handle some sculpture.
    Best wishes Trish x
    I note the sheep look sad but the pigs are smiling? hmmmmm a hidden message?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peacocks look pretty. I've not heard or seen a white one either. I looked it up.and found out white peacocks aren't albino. A genetic mutation called Leucism which has less pigment in the plumage. Its a genetic variant of an Indian blue peafowl. I just looked the info up. Interesting. Nice animal statues. It was quite cold on Sunday and Monday. It starting raining last night and temperature went from 36 to 40 degrees F. I didn't even go on a walk earlier. Near freezing isn't good for me with my asthma. My daughter came back from her short walk around the block and her glasses fogged up when she came back into the house. Mail we got was so cold. Have a good week and stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me that pig looks quite maniacal. Something about the eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.