Sunday 28 November 2021

1 dog, 2 cats, and a new art project.

 I've been outside only once today, for about an hour, to walk Billy dog. It's freezing cold, and there is a lot of ice and snow about. I was a bit worried that I might fall over, as Billy pulls the whole time. For a little Jack Russell he is very strong. There were some dry patches on the footpaths, but the road was like a sheet of ice in places. I tended to walk on the grass where I could. That works well until he suddenly changes direction and wants to cross the road to sniff on the other side. I have never had a fracture in my life, I don't want to start now. We managed though. He did three poo's and met his doggy friends. 

I've been on the computer a lot today, and I have been working on a new sewing project. Oscar cat is spending more time indoors while the weather is cold. I have opened up a small access hole for him to get into the summer house. He has a comfy chair in there to sleep on. He is mainly an outdoor cat, but will come in for some warmth and food. He is in now but will want to go out later. 

Mayze spends all day every day indoors. She loves lying next to a radiator. Yes, I have the heating on, usually during the morning, then I switch it off for a few hours in the afternoon. The house stays reasonably warm because it is well insulated. I put it back on again in the evening.The Government has very kindly put the winter payment of £200 in my bank account to cover the next bill. 

This is a new picture I am working on. I have a canvas that I covered with a collage. I don't like it so I am going to cover it with this piece of fabric. I got it from the Scrapstore and it fits perfectly. The design was already on, I am embellishing it with embroidery. Looking good so far. I have added some artificial flower petals in the centre and painted them with glittery glue to make them sparkle. There is some white lace with red beads as well. I think it will look nice when it is finished.

Thank you to everyone who commented on the previous post. Most of you are understanding of the situation. Thankfully there are only a small minority who think they can come on here day after day, picking fault with everything I say and everything I do. I just can't understand why they do it. Here's a little tip for bloggers who want to bump up their page views. Write something controversial and watch the naysayers come out to play. The naked me page has had almost 4000 views, ha ha.  

We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.  ilona
  

10 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing how your new art piece turns out. I always try to guess how they'll look but I'm usually not even close 🤣

    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I start off with an idea, then I get lost along the way. It could go anywhere.

      Delete
  2. Do you decorate your home for Christmas with a tree and lights and other festive things? I love looking at how people bring celebrations into their homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debby. No I don't decorate my home for Christmas. Try Cherie, the North Yorkshire Craft Guru.

      Delete
  3. Now you have me interested in your previous post, which I missed. The naked me page, I must visit. You know I like your posts and agree with many of your opinions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The post is called, Simply....... It has had 3974 views. Posted on 23rd November. A lot of those views will be from readers and trolls who are checking on how the conversations are going.

      Delete
  4. I love your craft projects but I absolutely adore you for your opinion and understanding for what is really going on in this insane world! I agree with you totally so I guess if I were brave enough to write a blog , I would be getting slammed , too. Why don't the nay-sayers just find a blog that agrees with them and leave you for us? Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The troll thing can be a bit derailing at times, but I always pull through it, and rise to fight another day. This morning one appeared, even though I have told her time and time again that she is not wanted here. Immediately deleted of course.

      Delete
  5. I had a Jack Russell EMMA and she was a handful but so lovely.
    This new project looks interesting and will keep you indoors from the cold. We had snow yesterday unfortunately it is still around. We are so lucky to have the warm grant.
    Hazel ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to have something to do indoors when the weather is not so good.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.