Wednesday 3 November 2021

Thurgoland Tunnel walk.

Here's another one just come out of the oven. Takes a while to get it cooked all the way through. Come and walk through this tunnel with me. Hear the echos, often called reverberations. 
If you want more information on this tunnel, Patrick Dickinson did an excellent video on it. There are two tunnels together. He explored both, I didn't attempt to go inside the older one, I didn't have a suitable torch. Patrick takes lots of lighting with him when he does these explorations. 
A cold and windy day today. I am doing some sewing. Thanks for popping in. 
Toodle pip.   ilona

4 comments:

  1. Even though I've been within a few miles of the tunnel, when travelling on the M1, I've never heard of it before. Very interesting ilona, just like your holiday to the Outer Hebrides. Somewhere I'll probably never get to now, so watching the video is as good as it gets, and that's plenty good enough. Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I do some research on the places I am going to visit so that my trip will be interesting. Sometimes I just come across a feature I didn't know was there, and it is a nice surprise.

      Delete
  2. Ilona you are braver than I am - I would be kind of nervous walking through there by myself. I am glad that I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer, but we are not quite there yet. Hold the line.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.