Thursday 18 November 2021

Way down upon the Swaneee River

Good morning. A trip down the motorway was planned for yesterday. I went to visit my sister in Burton upon Trent. Thankfully the weather was kind to us and we had a lovely walk through Stapenhill Gardens, and along the River Trent. There are swans, ducks, geese, and other birds in abundance here. Very shortly the leaves will have all fallen as the trees go to sleep for the winter. 






The spite at St Peters Church is visible behind the trees. I'll put a video of that in the next post. 





Swans everywhere. Watch the video if you want to see more. 
See Stapenhill Gardens, the Ferry Bridge a pedestrian walkway to the town, and the road bridge over the river. 
It was a lovely day out. My sister made a deeelishus meal, I left at 7pm and was home for 9pm. The journey there and back was stress free and I was able to maintain the 70mph limit for most of it. It is a good idea to plan a journey at the times when the commuters are not going about their daily business. 
Looks like another nice day today. I'll get some computer work done this morning then do a local walk this afternoon. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona  

11 comments:

  1. Good evening ilona very nice for you to have a trip UPp memory L@ne!💞 enjoyed the video and photo's LOVE itt-glad you had a great time! my mum's cousin polly-lived there for awhile I visited her-only once -she than moved to Wiltshire than moved in a nursing home sadly she passed away last march a LOvely woman she was -she's buried somewhere in Burton upon trent we couldn't attend her funeral with covid restrictions ♥..anyways better keep myself positive I'm of for my walk know meanqueen .. -ps-I have been to frodsham today visiting the market and had a walk around and i chatted to some lovely people
    Best wishes -Levi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep on going out and about, Levi. it's good for you. Face to face interactions between other humans are the best kind.

      Delete
    2. Thanks ilona🌹 very much appreciated you cannot beat face🙎 to face 🙇 contact meanqueen-: -❤lotsa LOvÄ› Levi xxx

      Delete
  2. Used to live in Burton upon Trent and my children were born there. When I was pregnant the first time I used to catch a bus into town for work. One day in January I got off the bus at Stapenhill and walked across the foot bridge. It was slippy and I fell over - 7 months pregnant. Was ok though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must have been frightening for you. I'm pleased to see grit bins placed in strategic places these days.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good visit with your sister. I wasn't brave enough to cross the Humber bridge. I still absolutely love your blog.Best wishes Jo in Coventry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind heights as long as I have got a solid structure under my feet. Looking out into the distance is ok, but I am not too keen on looking down.

      Delete
  4. How nice to be able to have a catch up with your sister.The park looks lovely.Im lucky to be able to walk to a park like this,not far from where I live.It is beautiful this time of the year.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We keep in touch by phone mostly.

      Parks are a blessing at any time of the year. Access to little pockets of nature are important for mental well being.

      Delete
  5. Yet another blog/video to stir multiple memories. I lived just outside Burton for a couple of years in the mid-1970's, at Coton in the Elms, furthest place from the sea in the UK. First house my wife and I bought. I worked at Bass Charrington for a year, and my daughter was born at the hospital in Burton.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos Ilona. Im a Burton girl, now in Northants but go back regularly. Recently back in Burton to do a canal walk to Lichfield, it's a great walk.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.