Saturday 27 November 2021

Over the moon.

My main reason for going to Grimsby was that Tom wrote a post about the moon exhibition in Bath. I remembered that I had seen that when I was on holiday on Orkney. I checked out the artists web site, and found that it is also in Grimsby. There are several moons which tour the world. Luke Jerram is the artist and the moons were made in Bristol. 
The Minster at Grimsby. 
Statue in the garden at the back of the Minster. A fisherman pulling his nets in. 

There was a display of small quilts. Looks like the theme was the current situation. All beautifully made. 
 

I spent about half an hour in the Minster, then went off in search of the docks. The Town Hall is a rather splendid building. 
Looks like someone is getting married. 
I'm not sure what this building is, you see it on the left as you approach Grimsby at the end of the dual carriageway. The setting sun lights it up beautifully. 
The road was very busy as I walked back to the car to go home. 
Here is a short walkabout video of the moon in the Minster. If you want to check where you can view it, the dates and locations are on this web site.  If you want to see my pictures of it when I saw it in September 2018 check this out. 

I braved the wind and went a walk this afternoon. I shortened it a bit as it started to rain. Just got back as they were switching the street lights on. 
Enjoy your weekend. Thanks for popping in. 
Toodle pip.   ilona

10 comments:

  1. That is the Dock Tower, you can see it from miles away when you are on the A46 road from Lincoln.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please could you explain to me how you make videos and upload them through your phone (I think that you said it was an 'old' type), I would be very interested if you could do a short video. Many thanks. Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My old phone only does calls and texts. I use a Canon SX740 HS camera to film the videos. This has a memory card in it. I take it out and insert it into a card reader to upload them (videos and photographs) to the desk top computer, then I upload the videos to youtube. From there I share it to the blog.

      I know a lot of people do use their phone to make videos and share them. It is a lot quicker than the method I use with a camera.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, but I am still baffled; could you do a quick video to explain this. Amanda

      Delete
  3. Ilona, I like the mysterious moon and the stained glass windows, thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the video has saved me a trip , ive been trying to talk himself into letting me go but theres always some highly important drama with his health at the moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see the moon between the 7th and the 27th of February at Lincoln Cathedral.

      Delete
  5. The building in front of the dock tower is the dock offices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Ilona, revising my last comment. The building is the dock offices and the clock tower is part of the building. The dock tower is much higher and is copied from the original in Sienna Italy.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.