Tuesday 2 November 2021

Walking in South Yorkshire.

Hello. A few pics from todays walk. I took myself off to South Yorkshire, down the M18 then north on the M1, and off at Junction 35A. Onto the A61 and the A616 to Wortley. There are loads of footpaths and bridleways around here. I parked in a layby between Wortley and Thurgoland. Oooh, a museum, that looks interesting. 
Sadly it's not open. Just missed it now we are into November. 

A weir on the River Don. Couldn't get a better picture. 

I joined the Trans Pennine Trail. I've been on a section of this when I was in the area some months back. It used to be a railway line, now it's a cycle, walking, horse riding track. Thurgoland Tunnel is ahead. I forgot to take a photo of it, not to worry, I made a video as I walked through it. I'll post it tomorrow. 

Trails like this are ok for a while, but can become a bit boring when you walk miles on them. Not a lot to see. 
It's very hilly around these parts, some nice scenery. 

Mr Cockadoodledo was in fine voice. Isn't he a handsome chap. 

The church at Thurgoland is surrounded by bushes and trees. It's hard to get a good shot of it. 
I walked around the back and was surprised to see how large the burial ground is. It has spilled over to an adjacent field, 

I was mindful of the time so I headed back to the car. It starts getting dark at 5pm. The motorways were quite busy going back. 

Only six miles walked but it was nice to be in a different place. There are several videos on yoootooob of the Thurgoland Tunnel. I will put mine on tomorrow. 

I will sleep well tonight. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona
 

3 comments:

  1. Said it before, i'll say it again, I love your walkabout photo's! :) My bucket list grows each time you're out and about walking then share your scenery. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to pass on ideas. Glad you like the pics.

      Delete
  2. Ooh more beautiful scenery. Great shot of that rooster!

    xTania

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.