Wednesday 20 January 2021

A Floral Arrangement

 Hello. It's finished. This is what I had in mind when I thought of the idea. The contrast between a colourful frame and a black floral arrangement. So is the frame art or is the middle art, or the whole thing. 

It is often said it's best to have a plain frame so the focus is on the art, I wanted to do the opposite. I always do the opposite of what is expected. I like to experiment. 

I splattered the foliage with metalic silver paint. Gently wafting a well worn brush and giving it a light dusting. Difficult to take close ups, the light wasn't very good. 
Everything is stuck down with hot glue. Pieces of plastic from a Christmas wreath. 
I wanted the foliage to spill over onto the frame to blur the edges

I am pleased with how it has turned out. I have made a video but not had time to upload it. Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

10 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! The contrast is superb. Looking forward to your video Ilona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really unusual & striking Ilona. Would look good in your summer house come spring (roll on!)

    Your so creative. I don't seem to be able to get off my knitting. I keep promising myself to take up crochet. Ive brought several kits reasonably in charity shops but have still to get in to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun to try something new. Give it a go.

      Delete
  3. I have little hard red berries,growing on a tree in my little garden at the front of my house.I think if they were dotted about in the leaves,it would make the leaves stand out even more.Just a thought!.Sometimes in the year they are white.You are so creative and loved watching you finishing the frame off in your video the other day,xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your latest creation - you always have great but unexpected works of art - well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The contrast is unexpected, but works well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The whole piece is art and the silver highlights the black nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you River. I used to be able to delete a comment after it was published. You reminded me that it can be done from the dashboard page.

      Delete
  7. Always expect the unexpected from Ilona, I should remember that ... haha :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that we can agree to be different.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.