Saturday 21 September 2024

Family fun at the park.

 It's been gloriously sunny today. This morning I went to town. I wanted to check out how busy the market is on a Saturday. They have an offer where you can rent a table for a few quid, for the day, and sell your own stuff. Things you collect, things you make, or fundraising for a charity. I wondered if it would be a good idea to give it a try to sell my arts and crafts. The tables are upstairs at the back of the market. After talking to some of the people who had rented a table, I decided that it isn't the right place for me. 

Next I went to the park to see what was going on there. It was very busy, the sun had brought everybody out. Lots to do for children, and entertainment.  

The stage was set up in front of the hall. This choir was fantastic. They did a lot of pop songs from the 80's and 90's. 
Next came a comedy dance troupe. That was hilarious. 

Inside the hall was the artist Danny Flynn. He was there last year I remember. I had to call in to see if he remembered me. Yes, he did. I will tell you what happened a year ago. A woman was looking at his pictures and wanted to buy three small ones. She asked if he took cards. He said his machine wasn't working. I was listening to this. Without a second thought I took a £20 note out of my purse and handed it to Danny. I said, there you are, you can have your pictures. The astonished look on their faces was worth every penny. I quickly left them to it and disappeared. I walked home with a massive grin on my face. That really was the best part of the day. 

Danny is a science fiction and fantasy illustrator. Take a look at his web site. He used to be a crane driver at the steel works, then went to Kingston University to study illustration. He has designed and illustrated hundreds of covers for science fiction books. 

I went to the Museum and bought an icecream. Got to have a Magnum treat. Inside there they had decorated an area like an old fashioned fairground. I had to play around with the wibbly wobbly mirrors. 

It was a nice afternoon. Stan the library man wasn't there, he was having a day off. I saw some friends, had a chat with June, Helen, and Steve, said hello to Linda, and chatted with two friends that I hadn't seen for many years. 
Are you busy this weekend. Best make the most of the nice weather. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had lots of fun at the park! Danny's pictures are great. I watched a programme where someone wrote a book for his children and told them to be ' intentionally kind'. I thought that was a good way to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a nice day out. 😊 Too hot and humid here to really do too much. Just did this and that around the house. I have multiple sclerosis and heat, humidity and I do not play well together. Sounds like you talked to lots of friends. Is this the last hooray for the summer?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published after my approval.