Friday 20 September 2024

How much???

I've got quite a few jobs to do around the house, but I dither a lot wondering which to do first, or what can I put off until a later date. This morning I mowed the front lawn. I did it once in the Spring, and it has been left to do it's own thing all summer. It was looking a bit raggedy, today it had to be done. It's only a small plot but there was enough to fill the wheelie bin. It still looks rough, there's not much grass left in it. 
Lunch today was a Quorn garlic and mushroom escalope, with rice and spinach. 
I was thinking of going a walk, then changed my mind. I went to town to the Arts Centre to see my friend Nikki. I had a look in the Market as well. Most of the stalls were closed. I think markets usually pack up early. These colourful bags caught my eye. They are for small children and very cute. I was shocked when I saw the prices. WHAT!!!
I thought people were generally skint. Scunthorpe is not a particularly affluent town. How can people afford £105 for a child's backpack? 

£140 for Micky Mouse. Jeeeez, chuffin heck. 
I noticed there was some activity at the park when passing, so I stopped to have a nosey. There is an event on this weekend which I will go and have a look at. 

I will go and see Stan the Library man. Not seen him for ages. 

Dinner tonight was a stew. Potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, with noodles and rice. Enough left for tomorrow. 


That's ya lot. Now going to get Mayze in. Thanks for popping in. Have a good weekend. 
Toodle pip.   ilona. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be published after my approval.