Tuesday 17 September 2024

In the garden

 It's been too hot to go for a walk today, so I've been working in the garden. At least I can go inside and have an ice cream. I want to get all the hedge cutting done before winter. My small 4 steps ladder was not high enough so I got the six steps ladder out. Getting between the fence and the hedge is tricky, not much room. I had to stop because chopping away at the Leylandi makes me cough and sneeze. The dust gets in my throat. 

I went to the Post Office in the church this morning and was accosted in the High street by a woman with a microphone and a man with a camera. They were doing interviews for telly I think. Don't know what programme. She asked me about the pink litter picking box that appeared in the village a few weeks ago. They wanted opinions on whether it was worth the Council spending money on it. I told her what I thought. After the filming she mentioned to me that the box in town had been trashed and items went missing. I chuckled, I wasn't surprised. 

I've been on and off the computer today, coming inside to cool down. I am amazed that a lot of people still think that voting in the elections will make a difference to how things will turn out. The vitriol that is spouted forth about Mr T is shocking. The same thing was happening here, when Mr S was standing for election. It's going to take years for this global mess to be sorted out, that's if it ever will be. I don't get the main stream news at all now which has been good for my health and well being. If you want to carry on with your verbal mud slinging please do it on other blogs. I don't want it on here. 

Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. Can we please have some photos of the garden after you’ve finished it all Ilona? I need something to inspire me to get ours done! H

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published after my approval.