Thursday 26 February 2009

Shopping with your eyes open

I am writing this on Friday, due to my computer crashing, more about that on the next post. I had in mind what I was going to write about now it has slipped my mind, my goodness the old grey matter is not what it used to be.

I went off to Asda on the free bus, determined to only get things with the yellow 'whoopsie' reduced price stickers on. I wanted some eggs and found a box for 20p, but, shock horror, they were eggs from caged birds. There's no way I would buy those, I do have my principles, there was no reduced free range available, so I shall have to go without then.

I found a few bargains, and my bill came to £5.26. I didn't buy any bread because I am eating what I bought from Tesco on Monday night. In fact I have too much bread, but it's hard to pass it by when it is only a few pence, my freezer is full of bread.

As I went through the checkout I apologised to the lady on the till because she was having to key in my items due to the stickers. The woman following watched in amazement, and asked where I had found my bargains. I said 'they're all over the place, you have to look for the stickers, and there are some on a trolley in the corner'. I think some people must go round the store with their eyes shut.
Daily spend - £5.26 Asda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.