Monday 28 November 2016

Almost there, keep walking to keep fit

Hello. With only a month to go to the end of the challenge, I've just been checking the state of play on our Walking Group page. I am really chuffed that so many of you have done so well. To be honest I thought more would have dropped out, but I'm pleased to say that a great many of you have stuck it out and are still soldiering on.

Everyone walks at their own pace so it's not fair to say some have done better than others. You can only do what you can do. I always say as long as you can do some walking, it's better than none.

I'm going to put a few names on this post of those who have really pulled out all the stops. Indeed, some of you have finished well before the time. The finishing line is midnight on December the 31st, so if you have already passed the 1000 miles, you can relax and do no more, or you can carry on for your grand total.

These are the figures which came in at the end of October, (except mine which is up to date), so they will be higher now if you are still walking.

Take a bow......
AMY IN FLORIDA  1777
VAMPIRE HEART   1153
SIMPLESISTA   1132
LAURA BLACKPOOL   1111
JILL 1018
JANICE C 1008
VICKIEY 1000

Coming up close behind almost there.......
SCARLET  995
LISA IN MIAMI  992
ILONA  948
HELEN D  948 km
HILDE  943
HAZEL  916

Keep going ladies, last push......
GILLIE  872
JULES  859
BEACHCOMBER  858
CHERIE  827
SALLY C  808

Please check the Walking page to see your mileage if your name is not here.

You may remember that I started on December the 1st last year as a trial. So with that 75 miles, I have gone over the 1000, but I will carry on to the end of the year, just to keep you company, and to cheer you on. Come on ladies, you can do it.

People have asked, what next. I haven't decided what I am going to do yet, I might think of another challenge or I might carry on with this. Whatever I do it will include some form of exercise, as I feel it is important to look after my body for life, not just for one year. I won't be making another walking group page for 2017, but I hope that some of you will continue the good work you have already started and record your own mileage.

If you feel you would like support, you could register with the Country Walking magazine challenge where you will be able to keep track of your own mileage and chat with like minded people. This is the link to their site.  Another option is to join the Walking Forum, of which I am a member, and put your name down on their list. Then it's up to you to update your own mileage by going to the thread, quoting the list, then adding your new miles, and posting it back on. I have been updating mine here. The thread is in Long Distance Walks.

It's been a long walk, but we are not far off now, everyone should be proud of what they have achieved.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

7 comments:

  1. well done to every one who has stuck with it. Ilona great of you to provide the inspiration for so many

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited to see my name I had to read your entry to my husband!! My mileage is so high because I include my biking miles and we have really ramped up the miles this year (yesterday I rode 40 miles in beautiful sunny weather). Florida has extremely hot and humid summers but it doesn't bother me; my problem is the winter because I don't like the cold. So well done to all who have joined the challenge and thank you so much, Ilona, for beginning this challenge. I might set myself to go 2000 miles next year...we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping track of the mileage Ilona. I've really enjoyed doing this. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard on the radio this morning that 1/2 hour of walking a day is all you need to improve your health, so judging by this you must be super fit Ilona.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I attained my goal of 4000 miles cycling earlier this month . My knee is a bit sore at the moment so I am having a short break but it will be interesting to see just how many I get by year end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done everybody! I've another 130 to add for November, I'm not going for a walk tomorrow as I'm working late. I'm pretty good at walking, I need to start doing stretches etc. Perhaps we need a 5 minute a day stretch challenge!! Hehehehe! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done to everyone, I hope you all give yourselves a "pat on the back" :-)

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.