Monday 22 July 2019

All washed up

What else can you fix to a 8" x 6" piece of ply board to look a bit arty? I know, have a rummage in the tool box and find all the washers I have. Play with them, re arrange them, when satisfied with the pattern decide how to attach them. Poke holes through with a map pin and sew them on with strong thread.   

Tie off the threads at the back.


That's number four done of the little boards. I'm on with the next one now, a bit of weaving going on.
Toodle pip.  ilona

5 comments:

  1. How much talent can one women have?
    I really like the "The Washer Board".
    Have a good week Ilona.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its amazing how art can be made just from things that are already in the home.Ive used up some silver beads from an old broken necklace to make a pully end on the string that operates my shower...not art I know..but still saved me money from buying one,lol.I sold some more bits to the antique place yesterday and made another £10,which makes my total so far £67,just for old junk that has been in the garage and the house for the last 40 years.Nothing that I treasure goes though!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. And if you ever need a washer you know where to find one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all wonderful photos. Thanks so much and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this one, Ilona. My other half and I are into our cars, so would love to make something like this with old car parts to display when we have a house. One of my dream ornaments would be the internals of a gearbox, they fascinate me!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.