Thursday 6 January 2022

Crazy characters.

I went to the 20 21 Arts Centre just before Christmas, to pick up an application form for the Open Exhibition which starts later this month. I had a look at this exhibition, it has been there for a couple of months, and is due to finish on the 8th of January. A giant inflatable plus some sculptures and giant computer generated digital pictures. 
Jason Wilsher-Mills is the artist. Here is a link to his web site. You might like to browse through my photo's here. 











My thoughts are that my eyes cannot process what I am seeing. There is far too much detail, too many bright colours, and I am not into weird and strange looking characters. Not my cup of tea, but maybe it is yours.
 
I had a very cold walk this morning. It wasn't too bad when I set out, but it became quite blustery, with some snow which turned to rain. Five miles was enough. I was glad to get back in the house. 
Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

16 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I'll stick to the Pre-Raphaelites and Impressionists I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll stick with Grayson Perry and David Hockney.

      Delete
  2. I think the sculptures and pictures are really scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are for me as well. Like beings from another planet.

      Delete
  3. If I'm correct arent all the exhibits, to do with disability? I have seen the artists work on display at a local cinema.
    I wouldn't want one on display in my home but they are very interesting and detailed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the artist is disabled. I can't make the connection to any disability when I look at his work.

      Delete
  4. They are quirky 😍👌😊😂
    I like them ilona very cheerful lot's of colours meanqueen your kind of thing mine too 💜💛💚💙
    Love Levi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colours but there is too much detail.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. My friend often uses the saying, more is less, when I show her my work and ask her if I should add more detail. True I think.

      Delete
  6. Not keen on these Ilona. I don't like nasty looking things and like you say there is just too much to take in. They sort of represent things at the moment with their nasty faces.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some weird expressions on their faces.

      Delete
  7. They are quirky colourful and a lot of detail. Not my cup of tea either but interesting to look at. We have had a lot a cold wet windy here in Dublin the past 2 days and today has started the same x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very colourful and interesting, but not for me - too unsettling.

    Amanda, Sussex

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.