Thursday 29 April 2021

How to make plastic flowers

A new batch of flowers has been made. Colour to decorate the garden. Easy to make if you want to have a go. Follow the instructions on the video, ask me questions if you like. 
For decorating borders or pots. 

This video took seven hours to load onto yoootooob, even after I altered the settings on the camera. I need to look into this. In the past it has taken between two and three hours. 
It's a bit dull today, a dog walk is planned for this afternoon. It's the last day of April on Saturday so check in day for the International Walking Group will be on Sunday. A third of the year has gone already, the target is 333 miles. Have you reached that. I look forward to hearing from you. 
Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

5 comments:

  1. Hello Ilona, the last day of April is actually tomorrow - 30 days hath September, April, June and November etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right of course. I am marking the dates on my home made calendar month by month. Completely forgot about the rhyme. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I love your flowers they certainly look good, may I ask what you use to cut them up from for the colours are lovely.
    Hazel c uk 🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hazel. Chocolate boxes, washing tablet boxes, margarine tubs, soft cheese tubs, squarish bottles with a flat side, lids from any cardboard tubes like gravy and sauce mixes. Inspect all rubbish and keep coloured plastic.

      Some of the plastic is very hard and not suitable. It will crack and splinter when cutting. Go for the softer bendy type. I trim off the hard edges first from a box lid, leaving me a flat piece to work with. When cutting the flower shape out start by cutting around the outer edge to make a circle. Then use small pointy scissors to trim up making the petal shapes.

      If you don't have a hot glue gun you can put two pieces of tape on the back.

      Delete
  3. They certainly make a garden look colourful.I have some in my garden from a couple of years ago,although not as nice as yours.Mine are just cut out of the flower shape that some bottles have at the bottom of them,painted with what ever paint Ive got laying about and then glued to the fence.I also stick a vintage button in the middle of them.Some of them have cracked and split this year,so you have reminded me to ask around the family to give me any of these sort of bottles that they have.Thanks for the video.I have been looking at some of your old videos and although I think that I have seen most of them,I always can find a snippet of information,that I havent thought of before!xx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.