Monday 19 April 2021

Sunny afternoon in the summerhouse.

Good morning peoples. Wasn't it a glorious day yesterday ? It was here, in North Lincolnshire. I am slowly adding bits and pieces to my garden to give it a summery appearance. 
I need a hanging basket. I have the flowers, artificial ones given to me, now what to use for a basket and some filling. I have a chip pan basket which I got out of a skip. I lined it with fine mesh fabric, and tried two kinds of cat litter. It was too fine and fell through the holes. I cut a circle from a plastic bag and put it in the bottom to stop that happening. Still not right. I could see dust falling from it for a long time. That's not going to work. 
It will have to be compost. So that's what I did. Used a small pair of nail scissors to cut tiny holes in the sides so I could poke the flower stalks through, and fill the top. I used old Christmas tree lights wire to hang it. 

I made a video after that. Another practice with the new camera. I'll get used to it, eventually, ha ha. I set it off uploading to yoootooob and went for a walk, expecting it to be finished by the time I got back. I don't know what is going on with yoootooob, but the numbers had hardly moved by the time I got back. It got to 10pm and still 40% left to do. I went to bed and left it running. 
I woke up later and checked the time, 1.30am. At last it had finished. I quickly published it and closed down the computer, and went back to bed. I think the length of time it takes, depends on how many others are uploading at the same time. Evenings must be a busy time. I normally do it in the afternoon, perhaps mornings would be better and not take so long. It also depends on the length of video, this one is shorter than my usual 20 minutes or so, I was surprised that it took as long as it did. . 
I was hoping to get this post on last night, so here I am at 9am the next morning, finishing it off. 
I think it is going to be another nice day today, so I think a walk is on the cards. 
Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

3 comments:

  1. Cheers! (though all I've got is a mug of tea.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Ilona your homemade summer house is so totally lovley.im totally taken with it haha.your a talented lady that's for surex

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always a lovely video.I think that your garden is looking great this year,so colourful.The only things growing well in my garden are the mint,3 tubs of chives,lavender,3 daffodils and weeds that are never ending!.The tomato slices that normally grow into plants havent happened and I think that is because one of my cats has taken to curling up on the soil and going sleep where they are planted!.I have re potted my free peace lily into 3 pots because that has grown really big in the last 4 weeks.But they have to be kept indoors.I am hoping that the sunflower seeds kept from last year start growing!.Hope that you enjoyed your cider in the sun.It looks like it is going to be a lovely day again today.Im off to another market town with my bus pass.Its really a treat these days just to get out and see something different.xx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.