Tuesday 6 April 2021

Does it work?

Hello. Tuesday morning and all is well at Tightwad Towers. I'm not sure if I can use that title any more, because I am not as tight as I used to be. I still don't like spending money on something unnecessary though, if I can avoid it. I have been toying with the idea of buying a new camera, I might do one day. In the meantime I am trying to find a way to make videos outdoors without the wind noise spoiling them. 
The microphone on a camera is very exposed, so there needs to be some way of shielding it. I could buy an external plug in microphone I suppose, that would be the usual path to take to eliminate the problem. But I like playing with bits and bobs, so let's see if this solution works first before I part with some dosh. 
Cut hole in bottom of plastic box so the lens will open. Cut smaller hole in the side of the box to screw the metal handle to the bottom of the camera. Point and shoot. 
Does it work? It's a whole lot better than it was. Maybe not eliminated the problem 100% but it might be acceptable. 
I will give it a go for a while and see how I get on. This is a test in the garden, I will take it with me when I walk in open fields, which might happen this afternoon.  
Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon.  Toodle pip.   ilona
PS. Did you take a look at Patrick's video. His are far more superior to mine. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that was such a nice walk around your garden! The wind was blustery there for a moment at the beginning of the video, but we couldn't hear it on the rest of the video. Great gardens and Summerhouse!! I love all the different colors on it, so cheery! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful garden Ilona. I love your raised beds. Your summerhouse is sooo cheerful. Thanks for sharing and God bless xx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.