Saturday 24 April 2021

Walk and talk.

Good morning. Another video which has taken ages to load. I need to look into this. I wonder if I need a faster broadband. I will ring the camera shop and ask if they can shed any light on the situation. 
In the meantime, I am practicing my walk and talk technique. Walking without a wobble and pointing the camera in the right direction. It will take a while to get it right, but half the fun of it is to see the little imperfections on playback. 
As you know I don't edit, I haven't got time to sit for hours cutting and splicing bits together. I don't aim for a professional video, I am not selling anything, I do it for fun only. 
I got all my new plants potted up yesterday, some in pots, some in the raised beds. Tidying the garden is an ongoing chore that must be done throughout the summer. One day it will be too much for me, but for now I can cope. There will be no major alterations, just some tweaking here and there to keep it respectfully tidy. 
The bottom end of the garden is mainly left to nature. When I trim the conifer hedges I leave the bits on the ground. I am sure there are lots of creepy crawlies living there. An hour or two when I feel like it will be all that's needed. I prefer to potter at the end of the day, only finishing when it becomes too dark to see. I like the extended daylight in the summer months. 
I got my dog walking wages yesterday from Carol, a bag of vegetables and fruit. No shopping will be needed this coming week. 
Time for breakfast now. Enjoy your weekend. Cheerio for now. ilona

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenery.Your new camera is amazing!.I wouldnt be clever enough to work something like that though.Im still in the days when you took your roll of film to the chemist and waited a week until it came back,lol.To be able to walk through fields though really is nice and I love seeing how nice the bench is kept.I went with my bus pass to a market town called Market Harborough on Friday and it was lovely to see the open fields on the journey there.Thanks for the video.Its like getting a breath of fresh air just watching it!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I think the upload speed of your videos is slow because your new camera is creating much larger files than before. To show off the camera to its best abilities, the default video resolution will probably be set to the highest quality = biggest files.

    Find the settings on the camera to adjust video resolution and try a few 15 second clips of the same scene at different resolutions. Compare the file sizes - it's a trade off between size and quality. Aim for 1920x1080 (HD) but lower would be OK for YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. I am now plowing through the manual on the computer. I have made a note of what you say and will look for the figures on the screen.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.