Friday 10 December 2021

A corner of North Lincolnshire.

Yesterday I left my car in Winteringham Village opposite the butchers shop. A wide road with no parking restrictions. Down the road towards the River Humber is Winteringham Haven. The weather was a bit overcast with patches of blue coming through. It wasn't too cold. 
There is quite a substantial boatyard here with a club house. 

And if I zoom in I can just make out the Humber Bridge in the distance. 



The site is for members only so I couldn't get a closer look. 

I took the path along the river bank. Three miles to Whitton, that is going to be doable in the time I have got. There are no views of the river along this stretch as the reed beds block the view and it is not possible to get down to the waters edge. 
Canada Geese all chattering away as they landed for a break from flying. 
The Church in Whitton looks a solid building.

The door was locked. 

A little bit of road walking as I came out of Whitton, then a left turn down a track. I see by the marks on the map that I have been this way before, but it was quite a few years ago. At one point I didn't seem to be going in the right direction. I came to a junction and decided to follow the arrow on a post, and walk where others had walked before me. I followed the boot prints in the mud. Luckily that was the right thing to do as in the distance I could see the church that I was heading for. I made it back to the car at 4.20pm, just as it was getting dark. 
Check out this short video I made. 
Winteringham has a famous posh hotel and restaurant. It has won awards for it's food, and is visited by wealthy and famous people. Have a look at their web site. 
That's it for now. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

6 comments:

  1. Yet another great video from you,Ilona.I love seeing the fields.I have got very nervous about walking around our local beauty spots because there has been a lot of bad things..attacks..happening there.Even in Bradgate Park,2 15 in the afternoon..If you google Leicester Mercury you will see what I mean.I am so glad that you are able to enjoy the walks where you go.Please stay safe.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lincolnshire - our home county, is the second largest county apparently. There are still many parts I have not visited, this post included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to explore a bit further south, but as you say, it is a large county.

      Delete
  3. Nice photos and video. Thanks for the walk! I enjoyed seeing your smiling face! I think walking on the road is a better way to walk than onto the land. Never know what is there to walk on! Glad you made it safely back to your car, Ilona!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.