Saturday 11 December 2021

What I did today.

After a hearty cooked breakfast I went off to Normanby Hall. They are having a Christmas Market this weekend. The Hall is open to visitors, a good opportunity to take some photo's. I didn't go to this last year, it was 2019 when I last went. I've just looked back at the blog post, there are a lot of similar pictures there. Have a scroll through these. If you click on one it will open up a slide show.   
















The Christmas Fair was quite busy. I was determined I was going to buy something to help a local business. Last time I bought some Lincolnshire beer, I didn't see them this time. I opted for some localish cake, baked in a kitchen near Goole. Very nice it is too. 

I wanted to make a video but it was a bit difficult with the amount of people there. Some don't like it and quickly scuttle away when they see a camera. Filming inside the Hall was not a good idea. I went outside and did some filming of the outside of the Hall, and walked across to the duck pond. I will put that on yooootooob tomorrow. 
As I was wandering around I got chatting to a member of staff who was on his break. I asked lots of questions of course, ha ha. His story was very interesting. I won't go into the details here, all that needs to be said is that he is in the minority group. Those who watched my last coffee chat video will know what I mean. The conversation we had gave me a real boost.  It was nice to find someone on the same wavelength. 
So now it is Saturday night and I am happy to relax and watch a couple of videos. A glass of wine will go down nicely, with a piece of cake of course. 
Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

7 comments:

  1. I've just realised, there wasn't a Christmas Market last year. We were in the middle of a lockdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always drawn to old lovley houses and halls with there wonderfull furniture and pictures.i some times wonder if I was a maid in a big house in a previous life lol .enjoy the cake and the wine Ilona you have earned it with all that walking you do dailyx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum💕 says that too-
      I love old buildings , they have character many of our older buildings especially "church's" are left in sad states,, that's gets my Goat
      *******************************************************************************
      Levi x

      Delete
    2. Some of the large pieces of furniture are beautiful I love the carvings on cupboard doors.

      Delete
  3. Looks lovely ilona very posh 😊I'd love to visit-) N hall.. my mum as the full willow pattern dinner set 👌💕.. we're being upper class hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice old house! I am sure you enjoyed being there again! Sounds like a good conversation with a staff member! I like it when people are kind to one another! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The conversation came about when I told him why I was making a video. One thing led to another then suddenly out of the blue he revealed that he had not taken the treatment. Then we never stopped talking until he had to go back to work.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.