Friday 26 August 2022

Seven Bridges walk at Studley Park

Sunday morning and I was keen to get in a decent walk before I went home. A cheese sandwich and a coffee was quickly consumed and I set off from the car park with some snacks in my bag. I followed the B6265 out of the city, and took a footpath on the left to Studley Roger. 
It's a pretty village, and this garden intrigued me. It was full of artworks made from junk. Some of it hidden by the foliage. I like the way they have stripped the lower branches from the trees, presumably to give the smaller plants room to survive, and let some light into the house. I stood for a few minutes searching for the quirky junk art.  
At the end of the village is a gate to a long driveway, the back entrance to Studley Deer Park. A long tarmac drive takes you through the archway into the park. Free entry to walkers, bikers, cyclists, and cars. 

This is the Choristers House close to St Mary's Church. 



I followed the signs for Visitor Centre and Fountains Abbey. There is a courtyard with a shop, toilets, restaurant, and the reception area to pay for a ticket if you want to visit the Abbey and Water Gardens. Here are the prices. I decided not to go in because I didn't want to spend all day there. How do you fancy a table and two chairs, for £270. A bit pricey. 
I had a walk around the lake. It was a lovely day. 
There is a tea room where you can sit outside. I always take my own drink with me.
A herd of deer appeared .
Have a look around the lake area. 
Off I went in search of the seven bridges. 
The first one is a wooden bridge. This is where the water runs away from the lake. 
This looks like a nice walk. 

No more water, the bed is dry.





Time to head back to Ripon to the car. This is where it got tricky, which way to go. A bit of guesswork was needed, follow my nose and hope for the best. I came across a couple coming in the opposite direction and they pointed out which turning I should take. I could see the Cathedral in the distance, going the right way then. 
After a bite to eat I said goodbye to Ripon. Back home for 6pm. Another great trip. Where to next?
Today I did an extended local walk. The eight miles has taken me to the end of the month target of 666. How is your walking going? Check in day is Thursday next week. 
Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.