Saturday 6 October 2012

Village views

Just poppin back with some piccies. It's been a lovely day here, warm with a lot of sun and some interesting clouds. Me and Rocky have been a long walk around the village. This is the fishing pond, it is privately owned though they don't mind people walking dogs around it as long as they are on a lead and don't go into the water. There were quite a few fishing today, some of them have tents and make a weekend of it. It's a lovely spot for camping. The houses you can see are halfway up the hill. At the top behind the trees is the church which is the centre of the village. I live one street away from it.
The sun has caught this tree beautifully. Just beyond it is the village green.
Now I'm back home and this is the view from my bedroom window as the sun is starting to go down. I love the cloud formations.
Just as I was making my dinner I decided to run to the church and take a few more pics as the sunset was looking pretty spectacular. I turned the grill down low, and lowered the gas under my steaming vegetables. The reflection of the sunset in the river is amazing
I don't like to shoot directly into the sun so I'm stood behind the tree.
I really like this one of the metal railings around the edge of the churchyard.
The church is bathed in a firery red glow.
I love this one of the backs of the tombstones lit up casting long shadows.  
Six fifteen, I'd better run home and rescue my dinner, hope the sausages aren't burnt, ha ha.
I have heard it's going to be sunny again tomorrow, great stuff, looking forward to it. Toodle pip.

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place to live, Ilona! :) Great place to go for a dog walk too! Like the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are just gorgeous . I often read your blog and enjoy it very much though I don't think I've commented before .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. I especially like the one with the railings . I can see that as a stitched postcard or wall hanging.
    Brenda in the Boro
    Cyclinginthesixthdecade.Wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your camera must be a real good one. Mine would never catch lighting in that way. Amazing shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your blog every day (from US.) I, too, think you're lucky to live where you do. The scenery is beautiful and there are so many old buildings, castles, etc. I've been to England twice; have relatives there, and love it! I'm also thrifty. Must be my English & Scotch ancestry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've captured some beautiful scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting the photos. It's amazing how the sun, when it is setting, can make the sky change colour so dramatically at times. I like the way the sun has caught the church buildings, lovely colours. It'll be interesting to see, if you were to go back in say a week or two, and take another photo from the same spot, to see how the colours of the leaves on the trees have changed. You can see the different colours and shades of green between the trees in the background to the main one in the foreground, very pretty. Hope you got back in time before your tea was frazzled. :-) Cheers, Christy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful interesting photos of your local environs. Love the pic of the cloud. Autumn is a wonderful time of year for pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pics,Ilona,...hope the dinner wasn't burnt!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos, but I particularly like the one of the tree with the railings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are super images Ilona, very well framed. Clouds ans sunsets are wonderful aren't they? We have fog this morning but I am hopeful that it burns off soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's almost a year since I read any blogs but I've just read yours and am chuffed to find that it's atill as delightful, informative and as full of good ideas as ever. Love the box files thing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes I particularly like the railings too.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.