Saturday 5 March 2022

Useful

 My yoootooob channel has really taken off and I am spending a lot of time moderating and replying to comments. People are looking for answers. I try and help. Copy and paste is very useful. Comment from a subscriber. 

But what if you dont even have enough to buy what you need to buy..... ? Common sense is all very well and buying whats u need and living with in your means to save is all very well bit its not as simple for everyone. Some folk dont even earn enough to cover the basics and jobs just dont pay well enough.

My reply. 

I agree, it's not as simple for everyone, because they have never been taught about budgeting. They have never worked out what they actually need. Everyone's needs are different. Someone might think they need to have a takeaway every Saturday night, but the truth is, they don't. They want it because they have always had one on a Saturday night. The solution is to spend £2 on a bag of vegetables and make a stew that will last a couple of days. When people consider making a purchase of any kind, be it a small one like a bar of chocolate, or a large one like a new sofa, they should always ask themselves the same question. Will I die if I don't have it. No, of course you wont. If you can't afford the roof over your head then you must look for a cheaper one. Perhaps a smaller place, a flat or house share, or move to a different area. I for one would not pay London prices. I would rather live in a caravan in a field. If people are not earning enough in their current job they should look for another one, or get a part time job as well. I had a period where I did three part time jobs. One was fundraising for a charity 20 hours a week, it paid peanuts. I did dog walking for people in my village. And I started a small business buying and selling fancy goods and giftware. Imagination is the key to success. A defeatist attitude will drag you down. The path with least resistance will lead you know where. It's hard I know, but if the will to survive is there, and the ability to face the challenge is there, then eventually things will come right.

Now I will get my breakfast. Toodle pip.   ilona

9 comments:

  1. I have great sympathy for people on low incomes as I've been in that position myself. I soon differentiated between what I wanted and what I needed and became very resourceful. Your charity shop purchases in your previous post are a good example of how your money can go much further - you scored some bargains there!

    You give sound advice on your blog so it's up to individuals to grasp the nettle and start budgeting. Very soon you come up with money saving ideas to suit your situation. I save every plastic bag I get which are used to line my (admittedly much reduced in size) kitchen bin. I haven't bought kitchen bin liners for years, or paper towels as I use rags (cut-up old clothes or bedlinen) to mop up spills. This makes me sound like a bit of a bag lady but hopefully I don't look like one!

    I very much enjoyed looking round Appleby. It's nice to be chauffeured!

    Amanda, Sussex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a tallish kitchen bin and I use charity bags in it. As you say, no need to buy plastic bags, there are plenty about. My dishcloth is a piece of old cotton bedsheet. We are two of a kind. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. I think when you decide to knuckle down and really do the work, things actually become a fun challenge. You really start evaluating everything used. What can we do without? What can I use in place of this or that? We have been “skint” and it took lots of time and effort to be where we are now. And guess what?? We still live as if we’re skint. We hate to spend money lol It’s not that we hoard money, but we can sleep well at night knowing when times are tough we are tougher and can make do. I love your blog and your YouTube channel. You most definitely live a glorious life after money 😊😊😊♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the word CHALLENGE, far better than the word DEFEATED. Anything that is valuable to a person is worth fighting for.

      Delete
  3. Love that your YouTube channel is growing Ilona. Well done.
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally. So many people are finding it for the first time, and they are going through all the videos. I am having difficulty keeping up with the moderating and replying to the comments.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Usually I look at your videos soon after they first come out. The views are in the hundreds and the likes are in the tens. I hadn't realised you get thousands of views and hundreds of likes. Congratulations ilona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some videos are bringing in thousands of views. The latest 5.4K, and a video from three weeks ago 26k. So for all those people I have lost on the blog, I have gained many more on the yoootooob channel.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.