Sunday 20 March 2022

Burnby Hall. The Stumpery.

Let's have a look at The Stumpery. It's a dumping ground for tree stumps. They are arranged artistically in a circle, and planted up with ferns and flowers. 
Time to move on from Burnby Hall, and have a look at the town of Pocklington. First take a look at the church. 
This door looks like it could be the main entrance, but the sign says it's around the front.
 

I do like the peacefulness of a church. 
The Feathers is a pub I stayed at a few years ago when passing through the town on a long walk. 
Pocklington is a lovely town, full of independent shops. 
The Methodist Church with a modern front. 
At this point I decided to go in search of the canal. It was a long straight road. The Canal Head is just off the A1079. I'll post some pics of the canal tomorrow. 
Thanks for popping in. Have a nice Sunday.   ilona

3 comments:

  1. All the churches you show us are just beautiful. I'm always curious as to how old they are because your buildings in your country are much older than in the United States usually. wondering if you can let us know that when you post pictures. Would love to be walking where you walk with all of the old history around. I love historical buildings can our country here. Blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's only the second stumpery I've ever seen. I love ferns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture's ilona
    I wouldn't mind having a bimble around there it seems a LOvely place

    I'm going to Bridlington next week for a week mum's booked a chalet so
    It'll make a nice change going away I'll have a bimble around "Brid"

    And hopefully I'm going camping again in the summer I last went camping in Aug 2020
    When the first lockdown lifted

    All the best
    Levi XX 💙👍

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.