Sunday 6 March 2022

Coffee Chat and wot I did today

I made this video yesterday, about my shopping trip to the Retail Park. 
Today it was sunny so I did my usual five mile walk across the fields and through two villages. Trees that I have photographed before. 

Playing with some filters. 
I got back at 3pm, had something to eat, then I was out again at 4pm to do a Billy dog walk. Another hour around the village. I was ready for a sit down after that. To think I used to be able to walk 20 miles a day for seven consecutive days, now I am knackered after seven miles. I don't like this getting old malarky. I need to start doing some longer walks to build my stamina up again. 
Chill time now. Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. 
Toodle pip.   ilona

7 comments:

  1. Yes I notice this too as I am nearing 70. I think we just have to accept that we are no longer young, but do the best that we can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like home bargains and b&m I'm a bargain hunter 😆
    Nice top ilona looks fabulous on you 💕
    Yes it's a nice feeling knowing you have some money to treat one's self .why not you deserve it know meanqueen ,
    Lotsa💝 Levi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jacket/blouse looks lovely. The fact it only cost a pound makes it even better :-D Saving all that money is fantastic, too.

    Seeing Mayze in her makeshift bed has inspired me to do something similar with a cardboard box and some old towels. My cat won't care if it isn't the posh one I saw in the pet shop, nor does he need the scratching mat with catnip on it. I'm going to try and make a mat out of a spare piece of thin doormat that's in the shed. It's as much about using resources you already have as it is about saving money. It's so sad that we've been brainwashed to needing new things when second hand will do as well.

    I'm really glad your videos are receiving a wider audience on y....tub..e


    Amanda, Sussex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not worth spending money on new beds for cats. They don't care that it's a box with an old towel in it.

      Delete
  4. The new top you have on looks lovley on you ilona.im not surprised new people have come across your blog out there I expect a lot of people on low income are panicking at the mo.i love to watch some of your previous videos relating to being a carefull spender.i also really love the cheap and cheerful car camping videos there greatx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People are struggling at the moment to make ends meet.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the coffee chat Ilona. Day off for me today so it feels like catching up with a friend (and I did have a coffee). Home bargains is a handy place we haven't got one near here but I save up a list of things I need and am loathed to pay too much for and get it next time I venture a bit further afield. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.