Monday 7 March 2022

Beautiful reflections in murky water

I went a walk today, it was sunny. There is one short stretch of road which leads to and from an industrial estate. It is strewn with litter. I have a thing about picking up the glass bottles and placing them on a manhole cover. Each time I go I pick a few more up and add them to the collection. I thought the Council might pick them up when passing as they are close to the road. I think my creation is rather artistic. Maybe they will see them now that I have put a tyre around them. 
The sun is starting to go down. About 20 minutes to go before I am home. 

The last bit before I get onto the road takes me through a small wood. There is a filthy swamp in the middle of it. I decided to take a few snaps, not expecting anything worth looking at. It's always fun to get the photo's on the computer for a proper look. Most are discarded for various reasons, but I am chuffed with these four. 


For these two I pointed the camera straight down into the muddy water, and got the reflections of the trees on the opposite side. 


Nature is beautiful everywhere, even in the ugliest of places. 

Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona
 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I would never guess that they were taken from a not so beautiful place. 👏🏻👏🏻♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I walk through it I think what a mess. This time I looked more closely and took a few photo's

      Delete
  2. Definitely worth giving it a whirl...what beautiful effects you captured. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the beautiful ripple effects in the water.

      Delete
  3. Another thing about nature, besides being beautiful, is that it's never the same twice. Fill your mind with it, and leave your troubles behind, if only for a while. A form of meditation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The changes of the seasons throw up many more pictures.

      Delete
  4. I have also taken some 'puddle photos', and was also amazed at how they turned out, even though I was just faffing about! Yours turned out really well, and are worth enlarging and framing.

    I love your 'art work' on the manhole cover.....and the tyre adds a creative framework.
    Keep walking, keep creating, keep enjoying the days of your life because you are an inspiration to us. Vera x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We rarely see cans and bottles littering our green spaces. They are valuable thanks to the refund/recycle programme here. Scouts gather them for fundraisers, homeless people pick them up for an income, dog walkers pick them up

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.