Friday 4 March 2022

Driving through Appleby

Hooray. The video has appeared. I closed the computer down as I always do when I go to bed, and hoped that yoootooob would do it's thing while I slept. It did. That's the first time that has happened. I expected to start the upload all over again this morning, but no, the job is done. 
I set the camera up behind the steering wheel using the three legged gizmo. Did a little drive through Appleby Village, to see how it looked on a video. Looks ok to me. The only problem is, filming into the sun makes red blobs as it catches the lens at certain angles. Filming through the windscreen also adds reflections. It's a start. I might fix the camera to the handlebars of the bike next to see how that works out. 
Very wet outside, it's raining again. Yesterday was fine, mild and dry. I thought I might put the bed in the car and start setting that up for camping. Maybe not today in the rain. 
I had the shop to myself last night. No one in the car park as I pulled up. Someone came in when I was halfway round, and picked up a hand basket. The man was a bit confused as to which cat food he should buy. He said he had a four month old kitten. The labeling on the Whiskas boxes isn't very clear. There are four different age groups on the back of the box, and the label on the front tells which one it is for. There wasn't any kitten food, I told him the type for a one year old would be fine. 
It is my mummy's birthday today. She would have been 104 years old. She passed away 40 years ago. Too soon. Picture from my sisters wedding. 
I will get on with the weaving picture now. If it stops raining I will venture out for a walk this afternoon. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

11 comments:

  1. Ah brilliant I loved that little tour thank you. Gawd you get such different weather there to what we do here! Looks like a summer's day. I think the lens flare is very atmospheric and adds to the video actually. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the car ride!! Such a cute village. Looked very quite. I can’t imagine where everyone would park when they have the market on the playing fields. I can’t wait for another road trip mother!!! ☺️☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the farmers nearby opens up a field for car parking when the Fair is on. People can walk to it from there.

      Delete
  3. Having lived in Winterton for over 14 years, it was inevitable that I went through Appleby many times en route to Brigg and beyond. For a while, my daughter had a school friend who lived in Appleby, and my wife and I took it in turns to drive there. I really enjoyed your driving tour ilona, and being able to recognise places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to do a video of the centre of Winterton then. How long is it since you left there?

      Delete
    2. 25 years, plus a few days.

      Delete
    3. Just remembered something else about Appleby, my son's first girlfriend lived there, so that was another driving job for my wife and I.

      Delete
  4. It's a lovely photograph of you and your Mum. Hope your keeping well Ilona love reading your blogs and watching the videos. Please keep them coming. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hellõ ilona have you been to Appleby in Westmoreland
    Cumbria
    They have the famous Appleby gypsy horse fair there every June
    It's great to see!



    Levi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. l love your yellow shoes! And what a great pair of legs youre showing there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That comment on shoes was from Jennifer. Ooops!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.