Wednesday 28 September 2022

Cat shelter refurb.

It started off a bit cold this morning, then by lunchtime the sun came out and it was warm. I should have gone a walk really but there was a job I wanted to do in the garden. I found my old gardening jacket and put it on, but soon had to take it off as I was too hot. 
The cats lie under this table to sunbathe but the rain gets in and the carpet was stinking and rotten because it had got wet that many times. Time for a refurb. 
The table lifts off the pallet and the top lifts off the sides. I nailed a couple of new pieces of wood onto it to strengthen the structure. I have a role of heavy duty plastic which the garage men left behind, just the job to cover three sides and the top. Chuck out the old carpet and replace with a new piece. The water will not get in now, it should stay dry inside. Oscar has already tried it out. I think it meets with his approval. 
I didn't have time to do the five mile walk, so I did a three mile walk around the village. 
Now I am going to relax and watch a video. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh good as new!!! I am sure the kitties will love hunkering down during rain showers. ♥️♥️🐾🐾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oscar was inside it this morning, waiting for me to appear with food. I can see it from my window which is very handy when I am looking for cats and the weather is too nasty to step outside.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.