Monday 19 September 2022

Maxwell, a new superstar.

Good afternoon. I should be writing up the next blog post but took a break from that to watch a bit of the funeral. Then I clicked on a BGT video because I like to see shy and nervous singers overcome their fear and give it their all. Maxwell Thorpe did just that. He first appeared on stage wearing a baseball cap and sloppy clothes. What came out of his mouth was a big surprise. 
The story is that he has been busking on and around the Sheffield area for the last ten years, and wasn't sure that he was good enough for this show. It reminds me of the Susan Boyle story and look where she is now. 
Maxwell got through to the semi finals, then to the finals. This is his performance. A stunningly beautiful voice. Sadly he didn't win, but that doesn't matter. Susan didn't win either. He is now well on his way to a new career on the stage. I wish him well.  
Right, nose to the grindstone, another video coming up. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.