Sunday 11 September 2022

A new day.

It's starting to get dark earlier. If I haven't done a walk all day I like to get out just as the sun is going down, which is at the moment about 7.15 pm. Autumn is here, the churchyard is littered with fallen leaves. There is a tunnel over the path, these trees are due to be pollarded. 

I stand around waiting for something to happen. Then it does. Worth waiting for. 
I carry on with my walk. Another pic half an hour later. A very different scene. Earie. Darkness is coming. The sun sinks lower and disappears over the horizon. Black clouds sending it on its way. Pushing it over the edge. 

And that's how it is. Tomorrow is another day. A fresh new day. Everything that has happened has gone. I like a fresh new start. I don't carry baggage over from one day to the next. No point. Life is about living, and not being stuck in the past. Keep moving forward. 

Happy Sunday. Thank you for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona  

16 comments:

  1. I just love fall. 🍁🍂🍁🍂🌅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring is my favourite when everything is just waking up.

      Delete
  2. Like Jethro Tull sang "it was a new day yesterday but its an old day now"

    poemblog31.blogspot.com is out by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such atmospheric photographs. Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Atmosphere is hard to capture. There one minute and gone the next.

      Delete
  4. Hi ilona I hope you are ok x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fine thank you. Been on holiday. Now back. Lots of pics to sort out.

      Delete
  5. Lovely sunset picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a lovely sunset this evening. Couldn't stop the car to snap it, I was on the motorway.

      Delete
  6. I hope you’re okay. You haven’t posted in several days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a jolly good time on holiday up north. Pics to come later.

      Delete
  7. Miss Ilona...I've said it before and i'll say it again, and again. I love your photo's. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hopefully I will have some fab picks to share when I upload them on the computer.

      Delete
  8. Hope you're ok Ilona. Missing your posts xx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.