Wednesday 9 November 2022

Repair shop

I almost lost my watch yesterday. I constantly check it while out walking, even more so during these shorter days. Don't want to get caught out in the dark. The watch strap is a bit too long, so I have to push it up my arm a bit further and it gets lost in my clothing. I pushed my jacket cuff out of the way so I could check the time. Couldn't find the watch. Panic, oh no, don't say I have lost it after all this time. I could see me backtracking to look for it, even though I was almost home, and I was using the torch to walk the last bit on the road. 
I stuck my fingers up inside the fleecy top I was wearing and located a bit of metal. I stood under a street light and did a bit more digging. Pulled at the bit of metal, and bingo, out it came. Thank goodness it didn't drop off. 
I found this watch about 20 years ago on a track along a field edge near an industrial estate where I was working. It had a leather strap which fell apart a long time ago. I replaced it with this bracelet from an old watch that had stopped working. This Casio has been keeping perfect time ever since, with three or four battery changes.
I could take it into a shop and get it repaired. Hell I could even afford to buy a new watch, but I will try and mend it with a bit of wire. I rely on this watch for all my time keeping. I have one big clock in the living room, that's all. I take the watch everywhere with me. It stays on my wrist all night long. 
Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona 

3 comments:

  1. Good that you didn't lose the watch, and even better that it's lasted so long. I've got a twenty-year-old pair of secateurs that are probably good for another twenty years and they give me joy every time I use them.

    Amanda, Sussex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got my uncles secateurs. They are much better than the cheapo ones I bought from a pound shop.

      Delete
  2. (Romans8:38) Glad you found the watch. I laugh at myself because I'll go into a junior panic at losing my watch. Mine is an old white nurses Timex with a glow in the dark dial. Always, for me, the old things are preferred.

    ReplyDelete