Tuesday 8 November 2022

Mystery tools.

There was a blue sky this morning. I went out after lunch but the clouds had come over. It was still a nice day for a walk. With all the recent rain some of the paths were quite muddy. The tide was out so the water level on the river was quite low. Parts of it looked like it had a sandy beach along the edges. 



I called in to see my friend June. She was busy tidying her garden. We sat in the kitchen and had a natter. She showed me this gadget and asked what I thought it was. I don't know so I said I would photograph it and ask if anyone knows. The two pieces of wood slide up and down, as in pictures 1 and 2. 




She wonders what this hand held tool is for. 

If anybody knows what these gadgets are for, please let us know. June reads this blog so she will see your replies. 

Now I am tired, I walked seven and a half miles today so I will sleep well tonight. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

10 comments:

  1. The first one is an old rug hooking tool, not sure what the pointed long handled tool is

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first tool is a shuttle for hooking rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you make rugs with it. Wooden rug shuttle...this lady shows someone using one.

    https://youtu.be/KTNnQgr3XMk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will tell June to look at this video.

      Delete
  4. The pear shaped item is a "hooked rug speed shuttle"

    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found it on ebay - it was used to hook rugs or stitch pieces of leather together. Victoria in CT

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Romans8:38) Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete