Monday 21 November 2022

Moving on

 It almost seems a shame to write a fresh post and push the previous one down into the bowels of the blog. It was such a corker, wasn't it. Nellie comes up trumps again, she really did stir things up. 

I was in hysterics when I wrote it. Did you like the line, 'The surge of male testosterone can be a curse if there is a shortage of willing participants'. Talk about laugh out loud, 😂I nearly wet my pants. She has a very blunt and direct way of putting things. I like that in a person, as long as it is not offensive of course. It's not nice to offend people. Ooops, now I've let the cat out of the bag, ok I admit it, I did help Nellie with a few choice words when she was stuck. 

I have tried to reply to all the comments to the best of my ability. So what was the post all about? From the responses I reckon that some of the readers didn't click on the Newspaper Article link. All I did was to talk about the article and add a little bit of embroidery here and there to spice it up a bit. Isn't that what all journalists do? They twist things round to suit their agenda. The biggest offenders of this practice is of course those who write and work for the main stream media. They are all in it for the money and would sell their soul to the highest bidder. 

I was disappointed to see that some readers waded in with all guns blazing. Good job the bullets missed me. On the other hand I could see that those who have known me for a long time knew exactly what my intentions were. Tongue in cheek comes to mind. To spell it out, it was a serious topic with a micky take thrown in for good measure, and some of you fell for it. 

Keyboard warriors could do themselves a favour by not getting their knickers in a twist. If they don't like something just walk on by. I think that's a song. Life might be a bit shit at the moment, but you make it a whole lot shittier for yourself if you are perpetually offended. 

I will add this link here, it's a similar story to the Newspaper article. There are some nudges in there which you should not dismiss as bollox. More immigration needed to fill jobs, from Sky News. 

By the way, this story goes much deeper than whether or not our foreign visitors should be given the jobs which are not being filled by those who are claiming benefits. Watch what happens next. 

Now it's time for lunch. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. Nellie's great, she should post more often. The British bravely fought 2 world wars and put up with a lot of hardship. Today's British are mostly a whiny lot of spoiled children who can no longer think for themselves and have no common sense or courage and can't or won't see that they are being replaced by third worlders.

    Comment edited by admin

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret Hutchison21 November 2022 at 20:41

    It's not a case of giving immigrants jobs that we don't like.If you're meaning jobs on the land,I can tell you that I used to work on the land for the same farmer for years Then out of the blue ,us casuals,were dismissed without a second thought,I actually turned up for work and was told to go home as" The farmer had all the workers he needed" The help that he was referring to were immigrants,who work for less ,send most of it back home,don't pay tax or vat and the Farmer receives subsidies for employing them At that time we were still in EU and they dictated what the farmer can and can't grow.Its not because we don't want the work it's because we are overlooked for a cheaper fix elsewhere

    ReplyDelete