Sunday 13 November 2022

Crafty day out.

I've had a lovely day out today. I went to the Lincolnshire Showground for a Craft Fair. When I got there I saw there was also a Collectors and Antique Fair on at the same time in another Hall. Double the fun, though it was double the entrance fee as well. £2.50 and £3.00. Can't complain at that. I went to the Collectors Fair first because there was a queue to get in the Craft Fair. 
This colourful stall caught my eye. Love the pottery. I had a chat with the lady. 

It was interesting to see all the vintage stuff. A blast from the past.
After an hour in there I walked across to the Craft Fair. The halls are very big, plenty of room to move about. They provided chairs around the edge in case any weary visitors wanted to rest their legs. I sat and people watched for a while and ate my cheese and peanut butter sandwich. 

This stunning display of fused glass caught my eye. The lady explained how she used all recycled glass and makes these items at home. Adele has a web site.  She also has a Facebook page. 
Look at these cuties. I had a lovely chat with the lady who makes these. 
Another stallholder who was happy to chat. Love these little wooden houses. 
A large space was taken up with Couling Sewing Machines. A Lincoln shop where I bought my Janome. This was the most expensive model they had on display. I wouldn't know where to start with a machine like that.
And this was the cheapest. More my style. 😁
This stall stopped me dead in my tracks. Beautiful trees made with twisted wire. The hours, days, and weeks of work that has gone into these shows Zoe's dedication to perfection. She uses rods of different diameters to wrap the wire into swirls. They look a bit like the trees I make wrapping wool. Sadly, she doesn't have a web site or a Facebook page.








I was spotted by someone who recognised me from my videos. I had a smashing chat, so nice that she said hello. I was back home by 5pm. Really enjoyed the day. I bought three items and will photograph them tomorrow in daylight for tomorrows post. Two of them can be found here on this post. I wonder if you can guess what I bought. If you click on a picture a slide show will come up. 
Now it's time to relax with a glass of cider. Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona 

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Adele has an arrangement with a double glazing firm. They offer her the old windows to take what she wants, before they dump the rest.

      Delete
  2. That recycled glass work is amazing - very clever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours drew me in for a closer look. On the one side was the summer display, on the other side were winter scenes in black and white.

      Delete
  3. Some lovely items there and a nice day out. I love craft fairs and art. Looking forward to seeing what you bought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took some money to spend. I know what it's like to set up a stall hoping that someone buys something. Fun if you are busy, but soul destroying if you take most of it back home with you.

      Delete
  4. I have a cabbage leaf dish like the one in your photo- I must search for the spoon that goes with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tempted to buy something from that table, but I held out until I had looked at the Craft Fair.

      Delete