Thursday 3 November 2022

I do like to be beside the seaside

Howdy. I'm back from a two day mini break at the seaside. This morning I was walking on the beach at Mablethorpe. It was a bit blustery.   
Yesterday I met up with my best friend Carol at Alford, Lincolnshire. She was coming across from Blackpool to go to a funeral. It was a good chance for us to get together. We speak on the phone quite a bit. I haven't been to Blackpool for a while. The last time was when they got all the old trams out on the Promenade. 
Carol had booked herself into the Half Moon Hotel, so I rang up and luckily they had a room for me. 
The breakfast layout this morning. 



It was a very nice dining room. We had a lovely meal last night. It was raining so we didn't go out anywhere. A jolly good catch up and a little tipple. 



I can recommend The Half Moon. The owners and their staff were smashing, very friendly people. Everywhere was clean and tidy. Here is a link to the web site if you are ever in need of accommodation in Alford. 
Now I have some photos to sort out, plus two videos to get onto yoootoob. I climbed a spiral staircase to the top of a church tower, and I watched the seals on the seashore. We'll catch up soon. 
Toodle pip.   ilona

10 comments:

  1. I love the furnishings in the hotel. Looks very nice. Glad you and Carol had a great time. Nothing like catching up with old friends. 🤗🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very homely place. They treated us like family, couldn't do enough for us.

      Delete
  2. I can highly recommend the donkey sanctuary in the next village to Alford, well worth a visit.
    Cant beat an out of season trip to the seaside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like wandering around empty seaside resorts.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a wonderful place. Warm and cozy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. After dinner we settled down in soft easy chairs with a drink in the lounge.

      Delete
  4. Nice place Alford. I prefer Mabo to Skegg also, maybe due to childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living in the Midlands we used to go on coach trips to the east coast, usually Skegness or Cleethorpes. Driving from Sutton on Sea through to Mablethorpe I noted just how many static caravan sites there were. Thousands upon thousands, all set out in neat rows.

      I remember driving an abnormal big load through Alford for Leicester Heavy Haulage, a few years ago. Carol was my mate in the cab, we were being filmed for a TV programme. The bend in the road around the church was a bugger to navigate.

      Delete
  5. I would love a stay there.Looks cosy and homely.Glad you enjoyed meeting up with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good fun. A nice break. It took her four and a half hours to get home. I was home in an hour and a half.

      Delete