Monday 7 November 2022

Full house.

I was talking to my neighbour the other day, he was taking his girlfriends dog a walk. He said he is dog sitting because his girlfriend is having a night out at Bongo's Bingo. I had to ask what that was, I've never heard of it before. 
I used to go to Bingo at the Village Hall with my mum when I was knee high to a grasshopper. The prizes were usually food items, a tin of biscuits, or packet of tea, or a jar of coffee. It was fun, waiting for one number to come out, then shouting Bingo at the top of my voice. First we played for one line, then a full house. We didn't win very often. Refreshments were served half way through it. 
When I first moved here I joined Gala Bingo because I didn't know anyone to go out with. Playing Bingo is something you can do by yourself. I thought it would be a good way to meet people. I have to say I was a bit bored by it, waiting for numbers to come out so you can tick them off. It was at the time when everybody was smoking so I sat away from the others. I didn't enjoy the smell of it and not being able to breathe properly. I only went the once, not impressed.  
Apparently this new way of playing Bingo involves downing a lot of alcohol, jumping up and down every time someone wins a prize, and dancing in the aisles. The entertainment on the stage gets everyone up on their feet. It all looks a bit crazy. 
I had to check this out and found this video. It seems very popular now. 
I don't think I will be giving this a try. My rave days are over. Let the young ones enjoy it. Has anyone tried this? Did you have a good time?
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona 

17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of events all over the country. Apparently, it is very popular.

      Delete
  3. The trouble with those places is that they expect you to register on line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn’t trust those places at all. Who knows what messages are included in that music and lighting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a strange way of looking at it.

      Delete
    2. There is a lot of evidence about the subliminal messages that are in music and light shows. In light of the renewed efforts to get everyone jaaaaabbbbd, I wouldn’t trust something like this for a minute. Why do they ask you to register online? So that they have all your details!

      Delete
    3. I hadn’t thought of that. I don’t like giving out my details to people I don’t know. I think people are way to unthinking when they share their details. In particular people are crazy on Facebook….basically posting their whole lives for all and sundry to see. People just don’t think.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. GDPR is there to give people a false sense of comfort. Your details are still stored for future use, it is all part of the plan - which is why I would never give my details.

      Requiring people to book online is yet another way of making this a cashless society - it is all part of the plan to control you. As Ilona says people are walking into this completely blinkered. It is silly because all the signs are there is you just look for them.

      Delete
    6. Gill, there was one solution for your daughter, she didn't need to go. This is how they are hooking people in. They know people's weaknesses, know how to play the game. GDPR is not there for your protection. It is there to collect data. Buying and selling data is big business. This is where the big money is. People need to start saying, no, I am not doing that.

      Delete
    7. Exactly! People just don’t realize what is going on right under their noses. Most people happily believe what they are told - that is what they are counting on.

      Delete
    8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  5. i well remember teabag bingo in our local war memorial club back in the day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meat bingo's were very popular. Can you imagine anyone trying to organise one of those now.

      Delete
  6. (Romans8:38) meat bongo: It'd be a treat to watch the reactions. I tell you true, where I live they could bring in swarms of men with "Bacon Bingo"!

    ReplyDelete