Saturday 1 August 2020

Personalised diet + Walking Group check in.

Hello and Good Morning on this sunny 1st of August. Where has the year gone. Seven months have passed and it's time for an update from the International Walking Group members. How have you all done.
 
The target was 584 for those heading for the 1000 miles, did you make it? My camping trip gave my total a boost, though I am still walking almost every day anyway. I didn't go out yesterday because it was sooooo hot, too hot to even breath. I had a coffee with my friend at her house in the morning, we sat in the shade under her gazebo, but after that I stayed indoors for the rest of the day. I didn't go out last night, we had a thunderstorm which saved me the job of watering the flower beds and pots. 
My miles currently stand at 622, so I'm chuffed with that. Walking is keeping me sane, I must step outside these four walls or my mental health would go down the pan. 
So let's hear it from you. Good news, or not so good news. 
Here are a couple of foooodie pics. What have I been eating? 
Mushrooms and mixed beans and an egg, scrambled in one pan on the hob. Spud in the microwave. a slice of cheese, and iceberg lettuce. 
The last three mushrooms, with a portion of green lentils. These are ready cooked in a bag, from Aldi. Tomato, potato salad, and iceberg lettuce. I buy the brown mushrooms they are cheaper than the white ones. 

I walked Billy dog yesterday and my friend paid me in vegetables and fruit. Not that I expect anything I dog walk for nothing, but it's nice that she shares her excess. She has a supermarket delivery and her daughter also brings food to her, so she has more than enough. This is very helpful to me because I can delay a visit to Aldi, this will keep me going a few more days. I have already made a three portion stew with some of it, which cuts down on time spent in the kitchen. 
Blogger is still tweaking, moving things about. I am getting on ok with the new format, When I insert a photo I usually press the plus symbol to enlarge it. This morning these appeared already large, too large, so I had to click the minus symbol to shrink them. Checking the look of the post with preview is much easier now before publishing. One thing I find is that the spacing between paragraphs is not consistent, either too wide a gap, or too close together with no space between. 
Thanks for popping in. Have a nice weekend. Toodle pip.  ilona

23 comments:

  1. 'Morning, Ilona and fellow walkers. I am finding it better on hot days to go out just after 9 as the local dog walkers have finished their toddle and the holidaymakers are still eating their full English! I, too, need to walk to keep sane and am very pleased with my July mileage of just under 109, making a total so far of 721 and a half so it looks as though I'll be able to wind down a bit by November and December as usual! Keep active and well, everyone! Vicki in the East Riding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vicks. Your mileage is fantastic. Get ahead while you can, good thinking.

      Delete
  2. Hello everyone. Walking keeps me sane as well Ilona, about 20 miles behind you at the moment, with just over 80 miles done this month for a total of 565. Pretty happy with that. Joy Central Victoria Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. That produce looks wonderful. I managed to hit and surpass 1,000 miles. Total is 1,013. I also went camping and hiked almost 20 miles the last couple days. I have the mosquito bites to prove it!

    Sheila in Idaho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, mozzy bites, try not to scratch. I'm going to do some more camping. It's good fun.

      Delete
  4. Hello everyone: I have done 400 miles so far this year, short of the target I had set for myself, but it was walking just the same. I had hoped to bring the numbers up this month but it has been a blistering hot July here in Ontario, Canada. This next week, the first of August (where have the months gone), it is suppose to be cooler but wet for three days, so hope to squeeze in some miles.
    Hope everyone is well, stay safe and look forward to the totals at the end of this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are good months and not so good months. As long as you keep going, that's the main thing. Well done.

      Delete
  5. Hi Ilona and the walking group, 88 miles for me in july, have lost my notes with my miles on but am happy with my miles even if i do not know the full distance covered lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to see the total growing. Now aim for 88 miles in August and you will be on track.

      Delete
  6. Hi Ilona, pleased to say I'm steaming along now - up to 765 miles so far this year. Hubby has been joining in so an added bonus of exercise for the both if us. Your meals look delish. Take care Viv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a good idea to get hubby involved, hope he sticks with it. Your miles are fantastic.

      Delete
  7. Hello Ilona and fellow walkers, my total so far is 797 kilometres. Think, hope and (humbly) expect to cross the 1000 kilometre goal long before December 31st. :>)
    Still feeling happy, healthy and sane (my children assured me the other day) and enjoying my never changing nor dull walks and/in my surroundings.
    Cheers,

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good news. When you pass the finishing line just keep going. If you leave a gap you might lose the motivation to get started again.

      Delete
    2. I surely will keep going Ilona! It's become an important part of my life(style).
      It's just I am really amazed I am able to walk so very well in my fourth year as a member of your walking group.
      Your initiative and support made me start and keep me going as well.
      Cheers,

      Jeanneke.

      Delete
  8. Hi Ilona,
    Loved your camping photos ;). How green it is where you live. Here in the desert we are hot and brown....well some trees are green but they only have thorns or tiny leaves.
    Slow month walking for me due to my torn meniscus. I do at least 1/3 mile a day with my cane so I am still out and about. 14 miles in July. Year to date 279.
    Thanks so much for keeping us going as a group!
    Hilogene in AZ...via email

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hilly. It is very green at the moment. The tree at the end of my road is a lime tree, broad leaves, and a divine fragrance from the tiny flowers. My garden borders are planted with evergreens so they stay the same all the year round. I can't imagine what it would be like to live in a desert. Carry on with your walking, do what you can.

      Delete
  9. Hi Ilona - I managed 150 miles in July (a good month - the extra day helps ;-), so total is 859 now. Just going to get myself organized to head out for a walk before it gets too hot. I should have done it a couple of hours ago! Oh well. My grand plans for the rest of the day are to prepare a BBQ for a couple of friends who are going to join us in our back yard this evening for a distanced supper. Oh, and your veg haul looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet of your friend to share her vegetables with you. Fresh vegetables and walking make for a wonderful summer season. July was a good month for me as far as walking. I logged 744 miles which bring my year to date total to 724 miles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOps. I spy a typo. July should be 144 miles - not 744 miles. LOL

      Delete
  11. Hi Ilona. I seem to have lost count of my total, think it's that so much else is going on. I reckon I have done about 50 miles this month, maybe I shouldn't plod on and not worry too much about totals!I enjoy my walking no matter what x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've lapsed with the walking due to lack of quiet places I can access in the covid crisis. However have recently purchased an exercise bike and am making good use of it, so burning some miles that way. There are virtual bike rides that you can follow on youtube for a bit of scenery along the way. Ideally I'd like to be doing a combo of walking/cycling. I feel v committed to doing some form of exercise every day, so hopefully will get some walks in as well this month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there! Sorry for not posting before. Up to last couple of days when the wind has been way too strong to fight with, it's been quite a good month for me on my walks. Have managed to get out & about, mainly down to the nearby harbour - lovely. Total for July is 33.4 miles - woohoo! Keep going all!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.