Monday 23 November 2020

Big scoff

I felt the need for a cooked breakfast this morning, have a look to see what is in the stores. Don't fancy beans or spaghetti hoops. So I sliced half a courgette, and a small onion, cooked in a little oil until soft. Then added some green lentils, and finished off breaking an egg into it. Garlic granules and veggie seasoning added at the beginning. Served on a slice of bread spread with houmous. Definitely a gut buster. Loverly. 
This post is in reverse order. Last night I had steamed vegetables for my dinner. That's all, drizzled with toasted sesame seed oil. I love to savour the different tastes, no need for gravy or sauce. Cauliflower, sprouts, broccoli, potatoes, carrots, and beans. 
 
Yesterday morning I had a bowl of four fruit porridge. Yes, four fruits. Banana, pear, blueberries, and kiwi fruit. I make it in the microwave in a pyrex bowl. Two big spoons of oats, plus mixed seeds, blitzed in the mini chopper first. Add water, one minute in the microwave. Add frozen fruit if needed, another minute. Stir and add any other fruit, and back in the microwave for one more minute. Very filling and a good start to the day.

People often ask me if I can do a breakdown of everything I eat in a day. The answer is no, sorry I can't be bothered. But I will put some of the meals on here, as and when I think about it. 
Now I'm going to get a mug of coffee. Weather looking good for a walk. 
Thanks for popping in. Catch ya later.  Toodle pip.   ilona

5 comments:

  1. It been a great walk this morning. The ground was still frozen in the shade with the light bouncing off the frost crystals. The sun was glorious and still is. I can cope with cold when the sun shines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tasty, tasty, tasty!!After a morning in the office it's always so refreshing to read your blog Ilona. Yes, it was a beautiful sunny, frosty morning. The sunshine lifts the spirits and increases the appetite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your steamed vegetables dinner, something I often do myself. I prefer only chopped dried apricots and dates in my porridge, along with almond meal and hazelnut meal.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.