Tuesday 21 June 2022

A visit to Creswell Crags

There is a really big car park at Notcutts Garden Centre, shared by The Harley Gallery. It is free to park. Follow the brown tourist signs off the A60 a few miles south of Worksop. I had a look around the Garden Centre, it is massive. They are working to extend it into the grounds around it. They sell everything you might need for the house and garden. 
Water fountains.

Outdoor seating.
Plants of every description.
I wanted to have a look at the Art Gallery, but sadly it is closed on a Monday. I should have noticed that when I checked the web site. 

Painted seat outside the Gallery. 
I had a peek in the Farm Shop. It is quite big and has a lot of interesting food, with prices to match M & S. 
To walk to Creswell Crags follow the coloured trees. Easy walking, suitable for wheelchairs and buggies. There is a busy main road to cross. As you can see it was gloriously sunny. 


There is a visitor centre and a car park. There is a charge to park here, if you arrive by car. Check out their web site here. Pick up a free map from reception to guide you around the site. 
The gorge has a concentration of cave and rock shelters inhabited by our Ice Age ancestors. Set in a landscape of rare grasslands and ancient woodlands. It is a conservation area. 
There are pathways on both sides of the pond, or is it big enough to be called a lake. 




I made a video. 
When I left here I picked up a footpath to Holbeck. More about that next time. Another vid and pics to come. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

11 comments:

  1. went on a school trip there an awful lot of years ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Iiona,you've been in our trekking ground,we often go to cresswell craggs,its a lovely walk round although I'm limited mobility wise now and used their scooters last time.....nearly running people over😁,take care in this heat...maggimay..x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not been quite so hot today. I think a storm is coming.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing these lovely photos and the video of glorious Creswell Crags. It is a place I have wanted to visit for a long time, and your walk shows what I have been missing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All kinds of fascinating places. Little cave openings all around. Looks a little hilly… I’m out of breath mother I need a minute to rest lol Thank you for all the photos and video just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are lots of caves under those rocks. All the entrances are blocked with railings.

      Delete
  5. I live in Clowne and Creswell Crags is a couple of miles from where i live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave you a wave, did you see me?

      Delete
    2. 😊https://media.tenor.com/images/a5bd488db448f2244460b9045140a16d/tenor.gif

      Delete
    3. Ilona, Did you drive through Clowne?

      Delete
    4. No. I came down the A1, A57 Worksop bypass, A60. The A1 is not quite as busy as the M1.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.