Thursday 16 June 2022

On my way back to the car.

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy. It also makes me sweat 😂 Glad I bought that sun lotion now, it's needed. The short walk has been great around Emley and Flockton. I seem to remember watching a TV programme about a steam train called Flockton Flyer. This was not filmed at Flockton, it was filmed at  Crowcombe Heathfield Station, West Somerset Railway, in 1977. I can't find any videos on yoootooob, but this site gives a lot of information.  I digress, the name Flockton sticks in my mind. 
The crops are growing, everything is green on our pleasant land. 

On my way back to the car. The view over there is Flockton. 


Almost back at Emley, a welcoming party at the gate. They have a stream running through their field for a constant source of drinking water. They need it now the temperatures are rising. 
Video number 2 for this walk. 
It's warm again this morning. An at home day today, with a doggy walk later. I will carry water with me so Billy doesn't get too hot. Washing on the line. A little bit of painting left to do. Re arranging the pot plants. Some plants to repot. And the never ending garden tidying to do. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely views on your walks. I don't know the area at all but was interested to read that the Flockton Flyer was filmed at Crowcombe Heathfield. We live not far from one of the starting points of the West Somerset Railway, so have been a steam train through the station several times. Plenty of garden tidying and watering to do at this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be so exciting to walk out of the house and watch a steam train passing by.

      Delete
  2. It is lovely to see all the greenery in your part of the world Ilona - as we are in mid winter here, knee deep in mud & rain. Your photos are stunning - such a pretty part of the globe you live in. Thank you so much for your visit to my blog - I was really appreciative of your kind comment & to know there are others going through the same. Enjoy your weekend Ilona. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie. I read several blogs but don't always comment. The story about your mum reminded me that that we will all need to make the decision sooner or later. With my own mum we never had to do that. She passed away far too early.

      I can't imagine mid winter at the moment.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.