Wednesday 8 June 2022

Cute spiders

This is a bit late. I've been sat outside with a glass of beer, listening to the twittering birds. It's been a warm afternoon with blue skies so I went a walk. It's still warm enough to sit outside now. 
I have been fascinated with these tiny spiders that made their home in a conifer bush right outside my front door. I wanted to rearrange the pots, but when I saw this I thought better leave them alone.  
They have made a nest with their webs. If I nudge the branch they all scatter, then they come together again in a tight ball. 




Sadly all the spiders have dispersed and moved on. Now I can move the pots. 
I will draw this to a close, I am falling asleep. Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

8 comments:

  1. I have never seen anything like this before!!!! Kind of makes me feel itchy lol But you can’t look away mother!!!! πŸ•ΈπŸ•·πŸ™ƒ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow i have never seen spiders like that they are amazing creatures. I wonder would anyone know of or guess what they are and where they could have come from. So they have gone? Maybe they will come back as it looks like they enjoyed feeding from there . The joys of nature xxxx Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fascinating ilona
    Never seen any like that before

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy is my name. Be careful. The spiders will kill your trees. That's what happened to mine. Best just to chop off the parts with spiders and webs before the whole tree gets swallowed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just garden spiders, they eat the insects that damage plants and trees.

      Delete
  5. I've got exactly those same spiders on a rose bush. I've never seen them before and wonder whether they are friend or foe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are harmless Ilona..... https://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/583321/Clusters-yellow-spiders-spotted-Britain

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are fabulous little things, we had some in our garden a couple of years ago. They scattered after a day or two. They don't do any harm.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.