Sunday 3 July 2022

Friendly family event.

I've had a smashing day at Winterton Agricultural Show. It's a two day event, Saturday covers the agricultural side of things, Sunday is the family day. The weather was kind, I chatted to lots of people, took photographs, listened to the Moggies, a local group, and had a glass of cider. It was a great atmosphere, everyone was out to enjoy themselves. 
This is a smaller show compared to the big County shows. It's got a friendly and relaxed vibe to it. Cheaper to get in as well. £7 for adults, £5 for seniors. 
Here are a few photo's there are more to come. Horse boxes came from all over Lincolnshire. I watched the show jumping for a while. I met a lovely young lady sitting proudly on her pony. She was only seven years old, but already showed her confidence in the saddle. Her mum and grand mum were there to support her. In this pic they are all getting ready to take their turn in the ring. 


I tried to take photo's just as they were going over the jumps. Not easy to do. 

This one would have been good, but I chopped the top of her hat off. 
This is the young seven year old on her white pony. 


The Dog Show was very busy, anyone with a dog could enter. There were twelve categories, including Cutest Puppy, Best Rescue Dog, and Dog with the Waggiest Tail. All good fun. 

The Moggies are a local group. They do all sixties songs, which went down very well. People were up on their feet dancing. I knew about them but I had never heard them play before. I must say, they were really good. Here is their Facebook page.  They have lots more gigs coming up for the rest of the year. 
Right, it's 9pm so I'll end this here. Lots more photo's coming up. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

1 comment:

  1. How I miss the shows and gymkhanas, both attending and competing. When I worked with horses, there were lots of shows to attend with the children of the family I worked for, plus Pony Club rallies. Your photos took me back. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.