Wednesday 14 December 2022

Christmas Coffee Morning.

There was a winter wonderland in my back garden this morning. The frost hanging on the trees looked stunningly beautiful. So glad we have four seasons, and glad that the trees are not my trees. Another garden backs onto mine. 




The coffee morning was a Christmas special. Food, raffle prizes to be won, and bingo. They said I could set my table out and sell a few bits and bobs for a local Cat rescue.  
It was a good spread, they put a lot of effort into it. Sweet and savoury nibbles, salad and dips. Cakes and mince pies. 

The view from my table. It was busier than usual a few extra people turned up. I was glad I wasn't sat close to anyone down the other end of the room. There was some coughing going on. The noise of the chatter was a bit loud. I can't join in with conversations when there is a lot of background noise. I was happy to sit and watch. 

I did a village walk tonight. Lost count on how many layers I had on. I looked like I was going out into a blizzard. No snow as yet here. This is the best display of lights. They do this every year, except one year they didn't because it got vandalised. Nice to see it is back. 

I want to go back to the park tomorrow, and make a video of the inside of the hall. I hope it is sunny and frosty again. I want to combine it with a five mile trek across the fields. 
Still got the Christmas Tree Festival pics to post. Will do that soon. 
Cats are spending more time indoors now. Still can't get Mau Mau to stay inside. 
That's it for now. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona 

10 comments:

  1. The frost was so heavy it looked like snow. We have four seasons where we live in the US. I enjoy all of them. Hope you made some money for the kitties. πŸΎπŸŽ„. Looked like a lot of people turned up for the party. I do hope Mau Mau does get comfortable and will start staying in during the cold nights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't sell as much as I hoped to. They were all too busy chatting and eating. Not to worry, there will be other opportunities.

      Delete
  2. It looks very pretty with the trees all frosted. We had a light sprinkling of snow ❄️ here in South Devon but north Devon had a lot more. Still cold minus 2C tonight. My friend in Ayrshire had minus 9 mid morning today. Love the snow for a quick walk but not to drive in. Village fair looks very nice hope you sold lots for the cat rescue
    Sally from Devon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sally. Walking in snow always slows me down. I hope we don't get too much of it here.

      Delete
  3. Your garden looks absolutely beautiful. Hope you made a little towards the cat charity and enjoyed your morning. Hope you have a nice walk & dont get too cold. Stay warm much love jane pennock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jane. It was a chilly walk, but invigorating.

      Delete
  4. Your photos show the same artistry as your crafts..your self-built shed..and your writings. Thank you for so much beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Art manifests itself in various forms. The older I get the more closely I look at things.

      Delete
  5. Those trees look beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jules. I am in the habit of stepping out of the bedroom and going to the back window to look out over the garden. Sometimes the view takes me by surprise.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.