Friday 30 December 2022

Finishing a 1000 mile walk

A short vid to celebrate. Chuffed that I have done it again. Shall I buy a boat?  😎😁😘
A few more pics of the Marina. It was very quiet, nobody about. Offices closed. One or two people were working on their boat restorations. This is mainly a home for leisure cruisers. 

Shall I ask for a test drive? 😂


This looks like a party boat. 
Here I am standing on a bridge over the channel which leads out onto the canal. A woman was standing there, so we got chatting, like you do. By an amazing coincidence she was German, and lives here in one of the houses. She came here because she married an English man, and has been in the UK for a long time. Amazing. I told her of my connections with Germany, that my mum had married an English man to come here. She is an artist and paints pictures of wildlife. She loves the countryside. She can't walk very far, but she cycles to Lincoln and back from here. Her name was Sabine. You never know who you are going to meet. That's the joys of traveling as a single. Strike up a conversation and you could be lucky. 

Along the canal I went. 
This boat did a 25 point turn at the entrance to the Marina, to go back the way it came. She has the right idea, sit on the roof and let him sort it out, ha ha. 
Off they go, chug chug chug. Looks like that engine wants a bit of attention. 
Oh dear, this looks a sorry sight. A boat of character which looks like it has been completely trashed. This would look splendid if it had a complete refurb. A good project for a doer upper. What a shame. 

I walked towards Lincoln. Easy to spot the Cathedral in the distance. I did think I might go there and have a look at it, but I didn't have time. Fed up of these short days, roll on the Spring. I walked as far as the Lincoln Ring Road then turned round and went back. 

Clouds are looming overhead, covering the blue skies and blocking out what is left of the sunset. It's getting colder, time to go back to the car. 
I ate my snacks in the car, before I drove home. It was too cold to sit on a bench. It was a nice change to walk somewhere different. Looking forward to visiting more places. 
Now it's time to do a Billy dog walk. Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations 🎉🎉 Wishing you the Happy New Year!!! Here’s to health and frugality!! 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the video.I always enjoy them and make myself a cup of tea to sip while I watch.I enjoy walking around marinas aswell....but wouldnt consider buying a boat.We did that about 40 years ago and it was just hard work!..I try to avoid that these days,lol.Ive got lots of day trips planned with my free bus pass....Derby being one of them cause I havent looked around the town there since I was a teenager,lol....exciting isnt it,lol.Anyway,I would like to wish you a Very Happy New Year.All the best for 2023.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debi. I do ramble on a bit, don't I. You could probably get through three cups of tea to drink and I would still be rabbiting on. I haven't been to Derby for years. I probably wouldn't recognise it now. Enjoy your trips out. Best wishes.

      Delete
  3. Hello Gilli. Lets get you back on the walking circuit again. There won't be an official check in day each month, but you can always let me know how you are getting on with it any time. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.