Thursday 29 December 2022

Let's have a look at the boats

 Every morning there is a decision to be made. Will it be an indoor day or an outdoor day. It all depends on the weather. This morning it was dry, but cold and windy. Good enough I thought, so let's go. After searching the maps I suddenly remembered that I had only briefly called in to Burton Waters near Lincoln. It was ages ago and I didn't have time for a proper look around. There is a Marina and it's next to The Fossdyke Navigation Canal. Looks like a nice place for a walk. It is next to the A57 Lincoln to Newark Road. 






Lovely sunny day, but brrrrr, it was cold. All the houses and apartments are behind gated and fenced areas. Residents have a code to go in and out. 

I will put some more photo's on tomorrow, with a video as well. Here is a link to their web site. There is a promotional video on there. We will catch up soon. 

Toodle pip.  ilona

8 comments:

  1. Well I've been all over the North of Scotland and the Hebrides but never Burton Waters about five miles from where I live!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put that into your diary for 2023. I might go back with my bike and cycle along the towpath between Lincoln and Saxilby. Nice and flat with a hard surface.

      Delete
  2. Just noticed the change in blog title🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It needed an update, I have moved on. Enjoying life more now that I haven't got any money worries.

      Delete
  3. Good morning, Ma'am! 5:03 A.M. Southerly Texas time. Coffee time..and oatmeal w/banana time - with the Love My Life blog. After our Polar Express event last weekend (with the -1 deg cold at one point!), we are now in the 74 deg.range with thunderstorms throwing their fits! That's the news from here.
    Your photos of the Fossdyke Navigation Canal & area would make a lovely picture puzzle to put together during the next Polar Express event! Such a lovely area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Edith. Thanks for checking in. Your weather sounds very challenging. Oatmeal and banana is a good healthy breakfast.

      Delete
  4. Sending all best wishes for the New Year. May you continue to happily travel about this wonderful country of ours and post your thoughts without interference from anybody else - your blog, your opinions.

    Stay free, and be happy.

    Amanda, Sussex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amanda. Good to see you here. You will be happy to know that I have learnt how to brush interference aside. They don't mean anything to me, and are not deserving of my time. New Year, new start. Let's make 2023 a good one. Best wishes.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.