Saturday 12 February 2022

Lunchtime chat video

Here's a little video I made a few days ago. It's on yoootooob and has garnered quite a lot of comments. It's the usual kind of money saving chat which people are increasingly becoming interested in, given the fact that massive price rises are imminent. 
I have sent my electric and gas meter readings in and the quarterly bill will be a few £'s under 200. That's more or less what I expected. I have been using the heating a lot more often in the cold weather. I received the Government winter payment of £200 so that cancels this bill out. 
Bill has just arrived. I will pay it by cheque sent in the post. My present tariff ends on the 31st of March, then I will decide what to do next. Martin Lewis says don't do anything at the moment. I believe the price rises are going to be very substantial. 
Thanks for popping in. Catch ya later.  ilona

7 comments:

  1. I loved this chat. I also commented on your YouTube channel. Hubby and I agree 100%. A clear mind makes for a soft pillow at night. 😊😊

    ReplyDelete

  2. Good afternoon ilona❤
    i agree ilona I've always lived within my means ! So nothing new here!!

    I learned from my granny and mum and auntie and uncle they we're all like that , we have never had debt as a family by thinking that way👍💯


    Best wishes Levi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been brought up right :o)

      Delete
    2. Thank You ilona that means a lot ❤ many people are being influenced by social media wanting what film stars have GOT, well sadly the normal everyday people including myself are not on film stars paycheck x. I feel for those with young babies and kid's what a struggle that must be,,sadly I don't have that worry being single, does that sound selfish lol..people need to get back to basics old school of thinking than thing's would be simpler black & white I like thing's simple


      Levi x ps- do not stress everyone 👍😊

      Delete
  3. Hi there ilona,

    I love your chats and this was a excellent topic to cover. I've been following your blog (and YouTube) for about 7 years but this is my first time commenting here. Thank you for continuing to share your thoughts, artwork and pictures of your walks. You have been a voice of reason throughout the last couple of years in particular and it's always both inspiring and encouraging to hear.

    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Raena. Pleased to meet you. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.