Thursday 10 February 2022

Wot do i eat

I don't have any recipes to follow when I make my meals. I eat whatever I fancy when my stomach tells me to eat. I open the fridge, check dates to see what needs eating first, and then cobble something together. 

Here we have mushrooms, courgette, spinach, and Ready to Wok noodles, on a slice of toasted seeded bread. I always buy seeded, don't like the white fluffy cotton wool type bread. The noodles are from Aldi, cheap and filling, and I like to have a bag of spinach in the fridge because it can be added to anything. I don't have a wok, I use a small pan. 
I've been eating a lot of stews. It's easy to chop a load of vegetables, throw them in a pan, and add half a packet of sauce mix and some spices. Sometimes I add rice or pasta. Here I put in a handful or frozen peas and sweetcorn. There are three portions in the pan, I warm the 2nd and 3rd in the microwave straight from the fridge. I used to freeze portions, I don't do that any more. 

Another on toast meal. Mushrooms, chopped leeks and courgettes, add an egg. Deeelishus. These can all be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Sometimes I like a cooked breakfast, and I have been known to have the last portion of stew for brekky. 

I'm going to have a cooked breakfast today because I want something filling. It looks sunny outside so I need to go out. Catch ya later. Have a nice day.  ilona

6 comments:

  1. It all looks lovely and very healthy. I like that approach. Many people wrack their brains over what they're going to have for their next meal, it takes up time and mental energy. I've been making butternut squash soup lately as the ingredients are simple and cheap and I can make a batch of it. I am very mindful of waste These days I don't waste a thing. I went walking with a friend the other week and invited her in for something to eat after. An omelette with some slightly past their prime poppadoms - a strange combination but still perfectly good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think meal planning is so boring. I don't know what I will be eating tomorrow, never mind next Thursday. I love omelettes, you can put anything in them.

      Delete
  2. Always one to question everything, I often wonder why we have to follow the rules about what to eat at what time of day. Why shouldn't we eat what we want when we want. We are all conditioned from childhood to follow the rules and they don't need to be followed. All of these meals look scrummy to me.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can remember my mum calling us in for our dinner. I was busy playing outside in the garden and in the street, and mum would stand at the front door and bellow my name. So embarrassing that all the neighbours could hear her. Had to drop what I was doing and go indoors.

      Delete
  3. So many things are better on toast! This all looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.