Saturday 26 February 2022

Yarn Bombing in Brigg

I had a lovely day out today. Lots of photo's taken. Someone posted on Facebook that there is Yarn Bombing in the town this weekend. I have seen this kind of thing in other places. I must go and have a look. 
I parked the car on an Industrial Estate just down the road from Lidl and walked in. The bridge over the river used to be open to traffic, now it is a pedestrian bridge. 
Looking towards the market in the main street. All the bollards have been decorated with flowers. 

The market was busy. I walked all the way through it searching for the decorated bollards. 


















It's a long shopping street. When I got to the other end I carried on walking and clocked up nine miles. I found a path on the map that I hadn't been on before, so I went to explore. I will put the walking pictures up tomorrow, as it's getting late now and I am tired. 

When I came back into the town later I found some more decorated bollards which I had missed due to them being hidden by the market stalls and shoppers. Now the place was empty, so some of the photo's I look on the way out, and some on the way back. 

I'l catch ya tomorrow. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

18 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these pictures. There must be a great community spirit in Brigg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people have been very busy to do all that! Very colourful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such creativity! I should think it made the people in the town stop and smile. I wish I had the patience to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing knitted stuff there so fun and colourful. Looked a nice day out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an exciting day you had, the decorating knitting is great. It's amazing the things make.
    Pleased you had a good day.
    Hazel 🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! Some really original ideas there. I think the caterpillar was my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the right kind of bombing, making the world colourful and beautiful. How much work, time and skills have gone into these decorations, just to make people smile!
    Hilde in Germany

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lot have now been stolen overnight. They only lasted a few days. What is wrong with kids (or drunks) these days? No respect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awful. I did see that one was missing. I saw that many had cable ties on them. Seems that didn't work. And I thought Brigg was a nice place. What a rotten world we live in that people feel the need to steal something that give so much pleasure.

      Delete
    2. Update - it's the flowers, caterpillar and angel that were taken. Brigg community been out looking for them. Flowers are now back in place and the whereabouts of the caterpillar and angel is known and trying to get them Local outrage has solved the case.

      Delete
    3. Thank you for that update.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a lot of them are linked to the shops they are closest to.

      Delete
  10. I do hope they haven't been stolen. They are very eye-catching and also humourous! Lovely to see.

    Amanda, Sussex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those nasty few people mess things up for everyone. I love the library idea in the old phone booths. I live in the rural area outside of town, but know they would be vandalized. It’s such a shame that people have that mean streak in them.
    But the town did a lovely job and I know they planned and worked very hard. Good on them for banning together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed seeing the knitted items. Were they able to sell some of them? There were a couple of them I really liked! Nice walk and I enjoyed the photos of the buildings as well! I went on a short walk today since it was raining and needed a walk since I'd not done one in a few days. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if they will be sold off. It was a group effort to bring the community together. Maybe the knitters will keep their own creations.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.